Oddball_E8

Re: Physical Copy?

Wed 10 Nov 2021, 18:42

Just got mine in Sweden.

PalMer

Thu 11 Nov 2021, 21:36

Picked up my physical copy yesterday, they are now arriving in Sweden. Great stuff! Just wish a 2nd print will be made with hardcover - the flimsy pages are the only thing that disturbs me a bit…

Vader

Thu 11 Nov 2021, 22:52

Mine arrived yesterday; collected it today. Never got a notification email or other tracking info. Had to ask Jenny for them (who returned to me with the info in exactly no time flat).

As for the products — generally happy with the physical quality of the printed items, but I'm afraid the Chinese dice and the cheap, bookshelf-gouging cookie tin (for $35) are no less an issue now than they were when we discussed them during the Kickstarter. No wonder we never got any update on those items, in spite of multiple requests...
A bit of silver lining though — very happy that the tin actually accommodates both the GM Screen and the dice tray!

The biggest problem I have however … have I suddenly gone colour blind, or is anyone else having problems distinguishing the water from the forest in the map of Sweden?
The contrast seems a lot clearer (as in, “actually visible”) in the book than on the poster map. Also seems lighting affects the issue (even worse contrast in incandescent or "warm" LED light; slightly better in direct daylight...).
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Ursus Maior

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 12:43

I can read the maps just fine, though a different shade of green or blue would be even clearer. Maybe you got a misprint? The lid of my limited edition tin was misaligned. Everything was printed way to high with the "T" of "Twilight" getting capped by the downward bend of the lid. FL will now send me a new box, which I appreciate very much.
Last edited by Ursus Maior on Sat 13 Nov 2021, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.
liber & infractus

Fenhorn

Fri 12 Nov 2021, 13:49

I can see the differences (even though I have an eye disease), but the green and blue nuances are close though.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

andresk

Sun 14 Nov 2021, 08:03

The biggest problem I have however … have I suddenly gone colour blind, or is anyone else having problems distinguishing the water from the forest in the map of Sweden?
The contrast seems a lot clearer (as in, “actually visible”) in the book than on the poster map. Also seems lighting affects the issue (even worse contrast in incandescent or "warm" LED light; slightly better in direct daylight...).
I'd like to think I have rather good colour vision, but even looking at the Swedish map close up under a lamp if I squint the green and blue merge together. Having the brightness and values of the green and blue be so close is just a bad design decision. On the Polish map everything is clearly distinguishable.

Oddball_E8

Sun 14 Nov 2021, 11:51

A bit of silver lining though — very happy that the tin actually accommodates both the GM Screen and the dice tray!
I was actually pretty pissed off that the GM Screen simply doesn't fit in the normal box.
It's a few mm too big to fit.

I've never had that happen with FL products before, but they do seem to be "slimming" the boxes as much as possible to fit only exactly what came in the box and nothing more.

Viperion_NZ

Fri 19 Nov 2021, 06:48

It arrived yesterday :D very very happy with the product (got the deluxe tin box). Super cool :D

Higgipedia

Sat 20 Nov 2021, 00:41

It arrived yesterday :D very very happy with the product (got the deluxe tin box). Super cool :D
I am incredibly jealous! I still haven't even gotten shipping notification yet! It's getting to the point where I am hoping I'm at the very end so I can say I was the last soldier out of Kalisz!
DENNIS HIGGINS
Check out the Black Sheep War Journal in the Free League Workshop!

LemanRussVI

Tue 23 Nov 2021, 06:45

Greetings all,

Does anyone know if they have moved to shipping Pre-Orders yet or are they still shipping Kickstarter/Pledgemanager backers? I have not received an email but I didn't receive one when I ordered the Alien Colonial Marine book either. I don't want to email support again if no other pre-order buyers have not received there's either, especailly since the game might be arriving on shelves soon in time for Christmas.

Regardless, thank you everyone for your assistance!