Mordante
Topic Author

What support for the game is planned?

Sun 12 Sep 2021, 13:57

Now we're close to release I was wondering what support is planned in the future for the game or should I be relying on buying GDW products?

Fenhorn

Re: What support for the game is planned?

Sun 12 Sep 2021, 14:11

The first three modules that they plan to release is one about cities (working title. Urban Operations), one about rivers & lakes and one about big battles. About the first expansion (the one about cities) they have said that much of the text for it has been written, now they need maps and arts for it. More info about the first expansion (and possible some about the other two that they have mentioned) will come in the upcoming months.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Mordante
Topic Author

Sun 12 Sep 2021, 14:20

Thanks for getting back to me... all the supplements make sense to me except the one about rivers and lakes could throw some light on what it actually covers?

Fenhorn

Sun 12 Sep 2021, 14:42

Thanks for getting back to me... all the supplements make sense to me except the one about rivers and lakes could throw some light on what it actually covers?
The first three expansions will follow the same theme as the 1ed books: Free City of Krakow, Pirates of the Vistula, and Ruins of Warsaw.

Mordante
Topic Author

Sun 12 Sep 2021, 15:06

That's great to hear as I was going to buy the GDW pdfs.

Ser Stevos

Mon 13 Sep 2021, 22:25

Always happy for threads like this because I tend to come back here every few weeks and check up on the news. Those expansions sound awesome.

Grimmshade

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 01:36

Nice! Really looking forward to those 3 expansions.

ottarrus

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 03:02

I know Black Madonna is in the works, but am unaware of what else is in the pipe.
I would presume that Free City of Krakow and Pirates of the Vistula are up, but that's just a guess.

Fenhorn

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 08:23

I know Black Madonna is in the works, but am unaware of what else is in the pipe.
I would presume that Free City of Krakow and Pirates of the Vistula are up, but that's just a guess.
The first two expansions (expansion boxes, since they will contain cards, maps and counters and stuff) will be Urban Operations (already written, needs, arts, maps and layout and things like that) and Hostile Waters (this is a working name and Chris Lites has already started writing this), so these two has been confirmed, but also a third expansion (box) that has the working name 'Operation Reset'.

Besides the Black Madonna.

ottarrus

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 17:31

The first two expansions (expansion boxes, since they will contain cards, maps and counters and stuff) will be Urban Operations (already written, needs, arts, maps and layout and things like that) and Hostile Waters (this is a working name and Chris Lites has already started writing this), so these two has been confirmed, but also a third expansion (box) that has the working name 'Operation Reset'.

Besides the Black Madonna.
Wow! Go big or go home, right? I was looking forward to the supporting products, whatever they were going to be, but this is a whole different level of expectations. And 'Operation Reset' box has turned that up to 11 ['Spinal Tap' reference]!
Like most GDW products, there was some pretty good writing and some great ideas in the original T2K. But I'm very gratified to see that Free League intends to build on that tradition, rather than just republishing older work. This isn't to say that I wouldn't appreciate updates on some of the older stuff ['Krakow', for example], but the effort into new materials is encouraging.
Also, I should read the blog more often :D :lol: :roll: