Yamaguchi
Topic Author

Foundry Character Log In

Sun 22 Aug 2021, 21:28

Some of the players who are going to be characters try to log in using the internet invitation link are getting a blank screen that shows only the background picture. What are we doing wrong?

omnipus

Re: Foundry Character Log In

Mon 23 Aug 2021, 20:03

As in, no UI or anything loads? Browser support may be the issue. In any case this is a question probably better asked in the Foundry discord if you want a quick answer.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

Fenhorn

Mon 23 Aug 2021, 20:16

Yes, I can forward all issues regarding the mod itself to Stefouch (or you can do that yourself over at Year Zero Worlds discord). Other issues is probably better to be asked elsewhere (probably faster that way).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Lystra

Fri 10 Sep 2021, 18:17

Don't USE FIREFOX! It has big issues with Foundry. A couple of my players had the same issue but when they used Chrome or Edge they did not.

Ursus Maior

Sat 11 Sep 2021, 13:12

Don't USE FIREFOX! It has big issues with Foundry. A couple of my players had the same issue but when they used Chrome or Edge they did not.
Is this just personal experience or something others experienced, too, or is known to the developers of Foundry VTT? Because on the Foundry website, Firefox is especially mentioned as supported along Chrome etc. Only Safari is ruled out.
liber & infractus

Marco Rafalà

Sat 11 Sep 2021, 14:33

Is this just personal experience or something others experienced, too, or is known to the developers of Foundry VTT? Because on the Foundry website, Firefox is especially mentioned as supported along Chrome etc. Only Safari is ruled out.
I'm new to Foundry, but I've used it with Firefox and so far have not experienced any issues.

Mr Oldtimer

Sat 11 Sep 2021, 17:07

We've used both Chrome and Firefox in my campaigns. Have been playing since some 8 months back. No issue with these browsers. At least, none that a simple refresh or log out/log in wouldn't solve.
After port forwarding is configured, the only problem we've got is one friend trying to GM, sitting on a slow, mobile internet connection and having tons of maps, actors and journals to push through. If your friends are running on low end machines, tell them to close unnecessary applications as well as tabs in their browsers they're not using. Does wonder for the load speed.
Be sure to port forward your router, if you haven't done that already. Finally, as mentioned above, post these issues on Foundrys discord. There's a lot of helpful people over there.
Good luck!

Lystra

Sat 11 Sep 2021, 22:45

It's my personal experience. The players in my group had the same issues that the original poster had when they tried to connect with Firefox. When they switched to chrome and edge they did not have the issue. Don't know why, but it worked on the other platforms and didn't on Firefox. Happened again in our last session when one player forgot and tried to use firefox again.