Marco Rafalà

Re: Foundry Questions

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 16:24

Perhaps this is a stupid question. I'm new to Foundry. I have a character with an M16A1. When I equip the weapon, I'm not able to fire it--the attack button doesn't work. The only way to fire this weapon is to leave it unequipped. Is that expected behavior? The character also has a knife but I'm able to attack with it regardless of the status of the equipped checkbox.
The equip button is for the players, it doesn't do anything at the moment (besides removing the backpack checkbox, I think), regardless if you check the box or not, the weight will still be counted to your combat gears.

Regarding the shooting problem. Do you have ammo for the weapon and is it selected. The ammo needs to be loaded into the weapon.
The character (a PC) does have ammo for the weapon and it is selected.

Fenhorn

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 17:59

Perhaps this is a stupid question. I'm new to Foundry. I have a character with an M16A1. When I equip the weapon, I'm not able to fire it--the attack button doesn't work. The only way to fire this weapon is to leave it unequipped. Is that expected behavior? The character also has a knife but I'm able to attack with it regardless of the status of the equipped checkbox.
The equip button is for the players, it doesn't do anything at the moment (besides removing the backpack checkbox, I think), regardless if you check the box or not, the weight will still be counted to your combat gears.

Regarding the shooting problem. Do you have ammo for the weapon and is it selected. The ammo needs to be loaded into the weapon.
Strange. I tested myself with that weapon (added the weapon, generated ammo for it, which automatically was loaded). I did tested with the equip buttons on and off for both the weapon and the mag in all combinations and it kept rolling the dice all the attack.
And, the equip button doesn't technically do anything (the item counts as combat gear as long as the backpack isn't checked), it is for you as a player.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Marco Rafalà

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 18:13

Strange. I tested myself with that weapon (added the weapon, generated ammo for it, which automatically was loaded). I did tested with the equip buttons on and off for both the weapon and the mag in all combinations and it kept rolling the dice all the attack.
And, the equip button doesn't technically do anything (the item counts as combat gear as long as the backpack isn't checked), it is for you as a player.
Thanks for checking it on your end. I appreciate it! Very strange indeed. The problem must be between the seat and the keyboard :lol:

Fenhorn

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 18:14

Thanks for checking it on your end. I appreciate it! Very strange indeed. The problem must be between the seat and the keyboard :lol:
Perhaps just removing the weapon and generate ammo again and it might work or you have probably done that already and test some other weapons, if it is just this one or all.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore