Lystra
Topic Author

Foundry Questions

Sun 22 Aug 2021, 02:55

Hi there, I'm new to Foundry and have a couple questions for the community regarding Foundry and T2K
1. How do you get rid of the spinning "War Paused" logo?
2. Does Foundry track ammo expenditures during combat? If so how do I work that?
3. If a character attacks with a grenade or other explosives how do you bring up the radius and apply the damage?
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Fenhorn

Re: Foundry Questions

Sun 22 Aug 2021, 08:32

I am new to Foundry myself, but I have learned a little bit.
1. How do you get rid of the spinning "War Paused" logo?
Space
2. Does Foundry track ammo expenditures during combat? If so how do I work that?
The weapon has a magazine in it, if not, you have to put one in. If you edit the weapon on the character, you can both generate ammo for it that will appear on the character sheet and you can also select which one of those magazines to be in the weapon. If you attack with the weapon, it will deduct ammo automatically. At least if the character is a PC, I am not sure how it works for NPC to be honest (I have to do a test fight to check that out).
3. If a character attacks with a grenade or other explosives how do you bring up the radius and apply the damage?
In my test fights I have not used grenades yet, so I will have to come back to you or perhaps someone else will answer this that actually has some experience with this.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

LegoFalke

Sun 22 Aug 2021, 18:59

2. I can add that it doesn't seem to reduce the ammo on NPCs unless you push the roll. One extra thing about generated ammo is that there are no notes or price and the weight might get wrong, but it's still a pretty good feature.

3. If you go to measurement control on the map menu, (top left corner) there are some nice templates that I use to mark explosive radius. I use the chat for rolls or the Roll Dice macro that comes with the core module and then I just right click the tokens and apply the damage.

omnipus

Mon 23 Aug 2021, 20:02

There is a checkbox option to track ammo for NPCs. It is unchecked by default.

Fenhorn

Mon 23 Aug 2021, 20:12

Stefouch (makes of this) is aware that currently the NPC ammo tracking (the simple rule of tracking NPC ammo) is not working as intended, he also knows that the attack button don't work for molotovs (and perhaps some other "grenades") and also if you use the button "generate ammo" for example the double-barrel shotgun, it creates a mag with two bullets, it shouldn't be a mag, it should just be two bullets and loose ammo should have a weight of 1/4 per 25 (or 0.01 per bullet). He has created tickets for these problem so they will be fixed or tweaked at some point.

I will send all issues folk have (with the mod that is) to him or you can do that yourself on the Year Zero World discord.

omnipus

Tue 24 Aug 2021, 00:25

What's wrong with the NPC ammo tracking? It has seemed to work for me so far.

Fenhorn

Tue 24 Aug 2021, 00:34

What's wrong with the NPC ammo tracking? It has seemed to work for me so far.
It doesn't deduct any ammo normally (and that is how it should work), but it deducts ammo if you push and that is not how the simple NPC ammo rule works.

Lystra
Topic Author

Thu 26 Aug 2021, 23:02

OMNIPUS Where is the checkbox for tracking NPC ammo. I don't really care about tracking bad guy ammo, I used the game shortcut for that, more about tracking ammo for NPC party members.
Thanks!

Marco Rafalà

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 14:51

Perhaps this is a stupid question. I'm new to Foundry. I have a character with an M16A1. When I equip the weapon, I'm not able to fire it--the attack button doesn't work. The only way to fire this weapon is to leave it unequipped. Is that expected behavior? The character also has a knife but I'm able to attack with it regardless of the status of the equipped checkbox.

Fenhorn

Fri 27 Aug 2021, 15:10

Perhaps this is a stupid question. I'm new to Foundry. I have a character with an M16A1. When I equip the weapon, I'm not able to fire it--the attack button doesn't work. The only way to fire this weapon is to leave it unequipped. Is that expected behavior? The character also has a knife but I'm able to attack with it regardless of the status of the equipped checkbox.
The equip button is for the players, it doesn't do anything at the moment (besides removing the backpack checkbox, I think), regardless if you check the box or not, the weight will still be counted to your combat gears.

Regarding the shooting problem. Do you have ammo for the weapon and is it selected. The ammo needs to be loaded into the weapon.