Amicitia_NZ
Topic Author

Zombie Apocalypse?

Tue 06 Jul 2021, 23:39

Hi All

Loving the new edition of Twilight 2000 and wondering if anyone has been exploring using it for a zombie apocalypse game or introducing this theme or threat into the existing game? I would be super interested if anyone has developed any material for this or what your initial ideas are.

Many thanks, Matthew

RichardPF

Re: Zombie Apocalypse?

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 17:15

I've been working on incorporating the "zombie" disease from Patient Zero, the first book of the Joe Ledger series, by Jonathan Maberry. It provides a more scientific look at zombies. The basic idea is that the PCs find a laboratory working on the zombie disease, and their actions could either stop the disease, or release it into the world.

omnipus

Wed 07 Jul 2021, 19:40

All the parts are pretty much there to do it. You'd want to tweak the damage/critical tables and rules to fit zombies. They probably never roll CUF. Existing melee rules probably okay. A slightly expanded rule for dealing with mobs would probably be handy. There are already disease rules, so you could definitely homebrew a "Z-strain infection" or whatever if a PC is exposed.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

Amicitia_NZ
Topic Author

Fri 09 Jul 2021, 03:11

Thank you both for your responses. Food for thought. I'll need to review the rules. I like the idea of a Z-strain virus and the patient zero lab :D

Random Task

Sun 11 Jul 2021, 06:13

Before the news of the work on the new edition of Twilight 2000, I wanted to do a post-apocalyptic hexcrawl Twilight 2000 style using the GURPS War Against the Chtorr alien ecologic invasion setting - it would be interesting to see about statting out the alien ecology in Twilight 2000 terms....

Amicitia_NZ
Topic Author

Mon 02 Aug 2021, 22:31

Before the news of the work on the new edition of Twilight 2000, I wanted to do a post-apocalyptic hexcrawl Twilight 2000 style using the GURPS War Against the Chtorr alien ecologic invasion setting - it would be interesting to see about statting out the alien ecology in Twilight 2000 terms....
Absolutely - I think Twilight 2000 is useful for many post-apocalyptic settings. I did notice that to hit a running zombie in the head would almost be an impossible feat...

pfarland

Sun 15 Aug 2021, 17:08

My personal thoughts and feelings, more than headshots should affect zombies. Affect, not kill.

If you hit a knee or leg bone, you will have a crippled zombie that's going to end up crawling. With similar arm hits, you have one with seriously degraded combat stats. Random hit locations and keeping track of critical wounds certainly adds to the book keeping (especially since you're going to be dealing with more "enemy"), but it definitely adds to the realism while removing the need for 100% headshots.
"Load up, strap in, lock and load, and save the last bullet for yourself."