BradClark68
Topic Author

Another Specialty and CUF Clarification Sought

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 20:53

Hi there,
I finally sat down and created a sample character, A couple of things I am not sure of. Is there a way to increase Coolness under Fire before the War Term or do you have to use it to increase it? Next question. With regard to specialties.....if you have the skill do you have access to the specialties? As an example....my character is a Tanker which gives him a +1 to Driving rolls on Tracked Vehicles....he also has a B Rating in Heavy Weapons....does this grant him Vehicle gunner? For me that would make sense.

omnipus

Re: Another Specialty and CUF Clarification Sought

Sat 12 Jun 2021, 21:00

You increase CUF whenever you gain a "promotion" in a military career term (and a few others).

No, there's no such thing as automatically gaining specialties.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

BradClark68
Topic Author

Sun 13 Jun 2021, 18:46

My confusion is this. A Tanker gains a +1 to driving tracked vehicles. Why isn’t Heavy Weapons- Vehicle Gunnery available as well?Am I missing something?

paladin2019

Sun 13 Jun 2021, 19:13

My confusion is this. A Tanker gains a +1 to driving tracked vehicles. Why isn’t Heavy Weapons- Vehicle Gunnery available as well?Am I missing something?
If you roll Tanker again, it is.

CherryC0p

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 16:45

There are a few specialities missing, lemme see if I can find my list of them.

Edit:
The Specialty Redleg is only available to the Gunner Archetype, and can't be obtained via Lifepath.

Archer is only available to the Kid Archetype, and can't be obtained via Lifepath.

Vehicle Gunner, Diver, Pitcher, Reloader, and Forward Observer aren't available at all.

As stated in the book and on other threads, you can always work with your Referee to pick an appropriate Specialty not on the list for your character, for both Archetypes and Lifepath steps.
I do this in real life for fun on the weekends. #SurviveOmega #DoMoreWithLess

baldrick0712

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 16:57

There are a few specialities missing, lemme see if I can find my list of them.

Edit:
The Specialty Redleg is only available to the Gunner Archetype, and can't be obtained via Lifepath.

Archer is only available to the Kid Archetype, and can't be obtained via Lifepath.

Vehicle Gunner, Diver, Pitcher, Reloader, and Forward Observer aren't available at all.

As stated in the book and on other threads, you can always work with your Referee to pick an appropriate Specialty not on the list for your character, for both Archetypes and Lifepath steps.
Redleg can be obtained via Lifepath - Combat Arms branch roll of a 2.

CherryC0p

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 19:33

Huh, must've been fixed for full release. Thanks for the correction!
I do this in real life for fun on the weekends. #SurviveOmega #DoMoreWithLess

baldrick0712

Mon 14 Jun 2021, 19:56

An easy fix for the missing Vehicle Gunner specialty would be to allow characters serving in Combat Arms to change Machinegunner or Launcher Crew to Vehicle Gunner at the player's discretion (they trained on the vehicle mounted .50 cal or 40mm grenade launcher rather than a SAW or Dragon)