CherryC0p
Topic Author

Release PDF Issues - Watermarks, highlighter marks and more

Thu 20 May 2021, 21:27

Why are there even watermarks on the "Core Set" items to begin with? It's not like there's an NDA or this is a closed Beta/ Alpha.

Having my name plastered all over Maps, Weapon and Initiative cards, and the handouts is extremely annoying. As someone who streams my RPGs, I'd prefer to not have my real name or order number on stream.

Additionally, the Sweden Travel map has an additional layer called "tillägg" and there are bright pink dots and yellow splotches all over the document.

The PDFs are password protected, so I'm unable to edit them to remove any of these issues, hence this forum post. Can someone from FL either give us the password or update the DTRPG files so that we don't need to ourselves.
I do this in real life for fun on the weekends. #SurviveOmega #DoMoreWithLess

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Release PDF Issues - Watermarks, highlighter marks and more

Thu 20 May 2021, 21:33

Hi! If you require assets for streams and such, we're happy to help. Please email to info@frialigan.se and we'll help you out.
Fria Ligan

CherryC0p
Topic Author

Thu 20 May 2021, 21:37

I already emailed support, thanks for the quick response. I'd just prefer if you guys could remove the watermarks for full release products when the game goes fully live

andresk

Thu 20 May 2021, 21:43

Yeah the watermarks are pretty bad. I mean I get why they're used, and it's fine on the say travel maps or character sheets, where they're a small subscript on the bottom. However on the battle maps and cards they're literally plastered all over the main areas of the PDFs. I haven't bought anything via DriveThroughRPG before so I'm not certain if this is usual for all their releases or it's up to the publisher to opt in or out of that kind of tool. A fair point raised about streaming as well.

Fenhorn

Thu 20 May 2021, 21:47

At least the sheets, maps and handouts are available on FLs own site (clean):

https://freeleaguepublishing.com/en/gam ... ?downloads
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

CherryC0p
Topic Author

Thu 20 May 2021, 22:39

Thanks, Fenhorn for posting up the link. That'll help with the maps until we get an update for the DTRPG files

Fenhorn

Thu 20 May 2021, 22:40

Thanks, Fenhorn for posting up the link. That'll help with the maps until we get an update for the DTRPG files
It won't help you with the yellow blob thingy (at least I don't think so), but the files doesn't have the waterstamp on them.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

leonpoi

Fri 21 May 2021, 07:28

Yeah - they could probably do with removing the pink/yellow blob layer ... I'm not sure that this is doing much of use ;)

hermes

Fri 21 May 2021, 17:03

Another “problem” that I am having is that I am experiencing a marked delay when trying to view the PDFs. I have downloaded then onto my iPad, so it’s not an issue with internet lag. When I open up either of the books, the pages are blank for anywhere from 3 to 10 seconds, presumably because the device and/or software is trying to process the graphics-heavy content (or maybe it’s multi-layered,or something similar). It’s a bit of a nuisance because it prevents one from scrolling quickly through pages. On rare occasion, I’ve experienced shorter delays with other graphics-laden PDFs (e.g. WFRP 4e), but nothing close to this level of lag. Obviously, this will be less of a concern once I have my copy of the physical book, but it still seems like something that might be fixable. :)

CherryC0p
Topic Author

Fri 21 May 2021, 17:05

That was an issue with the alpha ones. They would continuously give me memory errors in Adobe Reader. Beta was better but i ended up switching to a new PDF reader program.

If it's happening again that's disappointing, but like you said, once we get the books, the PDFs will mostly be used for quick references