The beta is here! Wheee! For those of us who have run or are running games using the alpha, though, a changelog would be a handy thing. I appreciate the references to what has changed in the KS update, but let's get more specific here. I'll start with a few. I'm going to withhold commentary (except for discussion of significant balance changes), and just list what's different:
PM, Lifepath rules:
- Attribute increases during chargen increased from 3 to 2d3. This means a range of from 2 to 6 increases; ie, expect a number of substantially more capable characters.
- Default skills added that characters can choose each term, regardless of career.
- CUF increases apply to intelligence careers as well as military now.
- aging checks now on D8 rather than D6.
- the default skills have been removed from careers that included them (which makes sense but also reduces the appeal of these career paths)
(I did not carefully review the careers themselves for additional changes)
PM, Develop Your Character:
- these rules now officially exist!
PM, Pushing Your Roll:
- you now take a damage/stress for each 1 rolled when you push a roll, rather than 1 damage/stress total when failing a pushed roll. It is not 100% clear if this should include any 1s from the original roll, but my interpretation is that it does. This means that you are less likely to take damage/stress from a failed push overall, in most cases, but that's there's a chance of it being twice as bad as before!
- now includes a provision that failing a push damages the weapon/item/tool used on the roll rather than the user!
- for whatever reason, the language is now less explicit about the order of operations when it comes to stepping dice up and down.
- the skill descriptions are now a bit more explicit about which skills apply to which situations (for instance, heavy weapons and when to use varying attributes, and mobility for thrown weapons)
- some of the specialties have been expanded or given more detail (ie, Paratrooper). Again, didn't review it super thoroughly.
That's all I have time for now... feel free to add your own if you want!