CherryC0p

Re: Beta Feedback - Player's Manual Chapter 4 Combat

Thu 29 Apr 2021, 20:58

I believe that is to prevent a vehicle from instantly turning 90 degrees at the beginning of its turn. Letting the player decide facing at the end of the turn helps with planning movement for next turn and makes sense because the vehicle is supposed to still be in motion, even after the driver ends the movement for that turn.

I agree that it needs clarification. I think this is another case of a word having multiple meanings. "Facing" is the status of the vehicle, but is also a passive status during the movement itself. The driver can drive in a zigzag pattern and while they are technically changing the facing every turn they make while moving, the Game mechanics only care about Facing when "stopped" at the end of the turn.
I do this in real life for fun on the weekends. #SurviveOmega #DoMoreWithLess

omnipus

Thu 29 Apr 2021, 23:40

I have house ruled this one as well. You get one free turn each time you move forward (or back) one or more hexes. Otherwise, you may 1 movement point for each hex face turn. Even this, I think, is being generous with allowing turns, but it simplifies movement (just one rule that covers everything!) and slows vehicles down just a little.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

Fenhorn

Fri 30 Apr 2021, 00:24

Moderator Message: taken from original post.

• If you want to discuss or feedback something that is not a clear error, don't do it here - instead, please start a new forum post the specific issue.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

CherryC0p

Sat 01 May 2021, 20:48

Page 65: Bows and Thrown

"Bows don’t need reloading, but before you fire a bow, you need to prepare the weapon by nocking an arrow. This is a fast action for bows and a slow action for crossbows. After you have prepared a bow (not a crossbow), you can’t perform any action other than to aim and shoot – if you do, you’ll need to prepare the weapon again.

The action name listed on page 56 is "Ready Bow" not Prepare. (Additionally the separate Slow Action for Ready Crossbow isn't listed on this page at all.)

Should that "And" be an "Or"? When using a Bow, can you aim and shoot as part of the same action or are they two separate actions like all other Ranged Weapons?

Example for a player shooting 3 arrows:
Turn 1: Fast - Ready Bow, Fast - Aim
Turn 2: Slow - Shoot Bow, Fast - Ready Bow
Turn 3: Fast - Aim, Slow - Shoot Bow
Turn 4: Fast - Ready Bow, Fast Aim
Turn 5: Slow - Shoot Bow, (Extra Fast action remaining)

Or is this the correct flow:
Turn 1: Fast - Ready Bow, Slow - Aim and Shoot
Turn 2: Fast - Ready Bow, Slow - Aim and Shoot
Turn 3: Fast - Ready Bow, Slow - Aim and Shoot
Last edited by CherryC0p on Tue 04 May 2021, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.
I do this in real life for fun on the weekends. #SurviveOmega #DoMoreWithLess

CWGamer

Sun 02 May 2021, 10:59

Page 54, Combat Tokens
Refers to vehicle facing on page 82. This is actually on page 83.

Page 57, Movement
Refers to page 82, this actually starts on page 81

Page 58, Direction of Over
Instead of "see the diagram above to the right" should this be "see diagram next page"?

Page 58, Barriers
Instead of "low barrier (below)" should this be "low barrier (next page)"?

Page 59, Flares
These can be fired by most artillery types. These are mentioned on page 114

Page 60, Ambush
The table is not to the right, it is on the next page. This is important if you are using the pdf rather the book.

Page 68, Land Mines
These are on page 114. This might be a better fit that just having Chapter 5.

Page 80, Radiation Effects
"(see Diseases, to the right)" should be "(see Diseases, next page)"

Page 82, Reliability
"Se chapter 5 for more on repairs" should be "See chapter 5 for more on repairs"

Page 82, Angle of Attack
"See the diagram to the right" should be "See diagram on the next page" or just "see next page" if room is an issue.

Fenhorn

Mon 03 May 2021, 14:18

P.67 (suppressed) - mention that if you succeed with the CUF roll you loose only your fast action and if you fail, you loose both. On p.77-78 suppressed fire is mentioned as one of those situations that can cause CUF tests but here they only mention the effect if you fail the CUF roll (you loose both your actions), not the successful effect (that you only loose the fast action) from p.67. This should be addressed.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore