Baloo

Re: Beta Feedback - Player's Manual Chapter 4 Combat

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 17:47

Page 67 - Suppression
Contradiction.
Page 67 states that stress due to a failed CUF roll causes suppression and that the slow action is lost next turn. Aditional CUF roll is required next turn, fast action is lost upon failure.
Page 77 states that a failed CUF role due to a stressful situation (incl suppression) causes stress and that both actions are lost next turn.

Fenhorn

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 21:19

Page 65: Ammo Spent (clarification): The rules states that you can never roll more Ammo Successes than you have rounds left in the magazine.

Base Dice also represent a bullet so a hit with with your Base Dice and with one Ammo Success actually represent two bullets so you must have at two bullets left in the magazine in order to keep that Ammo Success. Perhaps this could be clarified.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

andresk

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 21:26

Base Dice also represent a bullet so a hit with with your Base Dice and with one Ammo Success actually represent two bullets so you must have at two bullets left in the magazine in order to keep that Ammo Success. Perhaps this could be clarified.
This does not fit with the ROF of the double barreled shotgun, which has a ROF of 2 and a magazine of 2 as well. In that case there would be no point in firing both barrels during a round, ever.
Edit: Rethinking the situation, I guess the opposite would be true, no point in ever firing a single shot if you could just use all ammo dice at the cost of 2 shells, giving you 3 dice to hit instead of 1.

Fenhorn

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 21:32

This does not fit with the ROF of the double barreled shotgun, which has a ROF of 2 and a magazine of 2 as well. In that case there would be no point in firing both barrels during a round, ever.
If the Ammo Spent is more than what have in your magazine, you empty your magazine. Also, the rules state that you can never get more Ammo Successes than the number of bullets in your magazine. So if you fire your d-b shotgun with ROF 2 and rolled 6 and 2, you spend 2 bullets and since the number of Ammo Successes is not more than you actually spent, that Ammo Success is still valid.

Moderator Message (hm, to myself): Lets not have this discussion here.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

omnipus

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 21:40

I just went into a whole big thing about that ammo topic in response to a question in my "Changelog" topic... won't repost it here but you're both basically correct and... I personally don't think it matters a great deal. Feel free to read it if you like. It's an edge case that needs a solution, and I think the current one works fine. I haven't heard of a better one that doesn't then introduce another edge case problem.

Page 58 - Clarification
Crawling only allows 1 Move

Changing elevation requires 2 Move.

Is it therefore impossible to change elevation while crawling? Maybe a simple note stating that a Crawling character can change 1 elevation if they spend their whole movement doing just that?

Just like running, you can attempt to gain (a single hex of) additional movement while crawling with a Mobility roll. I think the rule therefore works fine. Want to crawl up a hill? Better pass a Mobility check. If you failed, then you didn't make it this action. Can try again each action until you do.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

cheeplives

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 21:52

Just like running, you can attempt to gain (a single hex of) additional movement while crawling with a Mobility roll. I think the rule therefore works fine. Want to crawl up a hill? Better pass a Mobility check. If you failed, then you didn't make it this action. Can try again each action until you do.
I just re-read the section and you're right... the Mobility roll can grant one (and only one) extra Movement. I will update my post to ignore this. Thanks for pointing this out.

ant1clock

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 22:10

Pg 58. Swamps and shallows. Suggest changing “Actually” to “Actual”.

ant1clock

Wed 21 Apr 2021, 22:50

Pg 59. Visibility and line of sight. Change “Refere” to “Referee”.
Pg 60. Line of sight.No hexes. “The referee has final say” add “the” so the sentence reads “The referee has the final say”.
Pg 60. Ambush para. use of the word spotter to describe the enemy being ambushed could lead to confusion given the definition of spotter on page 46 as “an assistant with binoculars or spotting scope identi-fying targets hit/missed”. Suggest using a different word to describe the enemy trying to spot the PC who is attempting the ambush. For example “(modifying the opponents roll)”. Also suggest consistent use of one word to describe the enemy. For example in the first Ambush para you use the words, enemy, spotter, target, opponent to describe the same thing. For clarity select one word to describe the enemy and use it consistently throughout.
Pg 61. Social conflict. “do anything your want or act directly”. Change “your” to you”.
Pg 62. Blocking. Remove the word “technically” from the sentence “ Blocking is technically not an opposed roll, so...”. to read “ Blocking is not an opposed roll, so...” Use of the word technically can imply shenanigans are afoot.

ant1clock

Thu 22 Apr 2021, 09:43

Pg 63 Shoving. When the target falls to the ground do they become PRONE. If yes, suggest clarifying the sentence to read “ ... your opponent falls to the ground and becomes PRONE”
Last edited by ant1clock on Fri 23 Apr 2021, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

cheeplives

Thu 22 Apr 2021, 16:24

Page 79 - Clarifications
Drowning
"If you sink or intentionally swim under water, you need to make a MOBILITY roll every round to hold your breath.:

Should that be a STAMINA roll, or is MOBILITY correct?

Fire
"The intensity increases by one each round, up to a maximum of A."

Am I reading that correct? A person on fire becomes more combustible over time, not less?