cheeplives

Re: Beta Feedback - Player's Manual Chapter 4 Combat

Thu 22 Apr 2021, 17:20

Page 77 - Clarification
Psychosis on Mental Trauma table has EMP roll every shift or go on violent rampage. Is this intentional that at least 2x to 3x daily a character has a chance to go on a "rampage" Doesn't that seem too common? Even an A EMP character is pretty much guaranteed to fail that once every day with a 48% chance of failing.
Also, can that (or any rolls to avoid the effects of Mental Trauma) be Pushed? I'm assuming "No", since they are passive and Attribute only.

cheeplives

Thu 22 Apr 2021, 18:27

Page 80 - Clarification
Blistering Agent Effects
"As soon as you succeed at a STAMINA roll, or when you are incapacitated, the effects stop and no more STAMINA rolls need to be made {but your critical injury remains and must be treated)"

Can Medical Aid be applied to stop the effects, or are STAMINA/incapacitation the only way to stop the 1dam/1stress per shift? The Medical Aid rules in this section only focus on the critical injury, not on the Damage/Stress damage.

Page 81 - Clarification
Rads in Vehicles
"If you're riding in a vehicle, the frequency at which you suffer rads is halved"

Should this be changed to "shift up one time unit (Rounds to Stretch, Strech to Shift, Shift to none)"? Or do you just go with every 2 rounds, 2 shifts, 2 streteches?

Decontamination
Should iodine/Medical Aid be useful in decontamination or just cleaning?

Nicolas Michon

Thu 22 Apr 2021, 23:03

Page 81: Rabies: I don't know if it is intentional or not (several of us gave feedback on it but it could easily have been lost in the shuffle), but rabies is such a special disease it should be a rarity, and have its own rules: can only be cured by a vaccine, which must be administered within the incubation period, which is close to a month - otherwise death (and a horrible one at that) is (almost) certain. In fact, it should be a scenario "thread" rather than some random encounter - as stated it is wrong from a medical perspective. The encounter "rabid dogs" can easily be changed to "famished dogs".

The Wikipedia page is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies

Vader

Fri 23 Apr 2021, 08:30

Page 81: Rabies: I don't know if it is intentional or not (several of us gave feedback on it but it could easily have been lost in the shuffle), but rabies is such a special disease it should be a rarity, and have its own rules: can only be cured by a vaccine, which must be administered within the incubation period, which is close to a month - otherwise death (and a horrible one at that) is (almost) certain. In fact, it should be a scenario "thread" rather than some random encounter - as stated it is wrong from a medical perspective. The encounter "rabid dogs" can easily be changed to "famished dogs".

The Wikipedia page is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies

Thing is, merely famished dogs aren’t anywhere near as aggressive, so making that substitution would just replace one error with another.

I think this is one of those instances where Ligan has intentionally chosen to forgo the factual realism and gone with the commonly accepted trope for flavour.

Besides, rabies is rare here and now — what’ll it be after three years of defunct border controls and quarantine regulations?
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

andresk

Fri 23 Apr 2021, 13:57

On the same topic, the disease chart on page 81 could have maybe (*) markings for viruses, in which case antibiotics have no effect. The radiation sickness part is clear, but it's vague which of the diseases are viral for people not familiar with all of the diseases. Also raises a few questions in terms of pneumonia for example. I may be wrong, but as far as I know it can be caused both by viral as well as bacterial infections.

ant1clock

Sun 25 Apr 2021, 22:01

Pg 67 overwatch, sentence “ For example, if an enemy in yourtarget hex wants to fire a....” space required to split “yourtarget”.

Makhfi

Mon 26 Apr 2021, 08:01

Page 70

"Shaped Charges have a direct damage increased by 1" sounds wrong to me, shouldn't it be "Shaped Charges have direct damage increased by 1", but then, english isn't my native language.
Also under Shaped Charges, third line. Is there an extra space here? "but the blast power f or"

Direct Damage, second line from the bottom, "wilsl" should be "will".

Makhfi

Mon 26 Apr 2021, 08:04

Page 76, under Head -> Time Limit
It say's "Shift" for Time Limit number 3 and 4, but Lethal is "No", so there shouldn't be a time limit.

ant1clock

Wed 28 Apr 2021, 19:30

Pg 73. “PENETRATION: The damage done is reduced the by the modified ......” remove the second “the” to make the sentence correct. “ PENETRATION: The damage done is reduced by the modified ...”

paladin2019

Thu 29 Apr 2021, 18:59

Page 81, Vehicle Movement and Pg 82 Facing. The interaction of these two sections implies you can only steer at the end of a move. I don't think this is intentional and that the intent is that you can steer after the first hex of movement (which must be inline, forward or backward, with the direction the vehicle was facing after the last movement) or even move from the starting hex in a totaly new direction (like turning at a stoplight), but it isn't clear.