Squadfather46
Topic Author

Release date

Mon 29 Mar 2021, 21:28

Have they given any information as far as when it'll be available for preorder or when it'll be released?

omnipus

Re: Release date

Tue 30 Mar 2021, 03:32

Not really, although the beta release was postponed to ... sometime in April I believe? So you can extrapolate from there.
Author, Central Poland Sourcebook -- now available on DriveThruRPG

Ser Stevos

Wed 31 Mar 2021, 04:37

From what I gather, the beta should be released any day now and originally, the full game was going to be out by May or June. It seems that the timetable has been pushed back a bit because I don't know if a beta release was ever originally intended after the alpha release in November. This is from memory of stalking the forums, the kickstarter, and the emails Fria Ligans has sent out but I think it gives the gist of a timetable.

My friends and I are having a blast with the alpha and it's definitely a game to keep an eye out for.

andresk

Wed 31 Mar 2021, 09:16

I can't remember a planned beta release either. I'm guessing more questions/feedback came up than they expected and they decided to take time to rework some of the relevant parts. But I think some delays are infinitely better in order to have a solid set of balanced base rules, than having a rushed production that leaves many things up for debate/requires more homebrewing to flesh out, thus leading to an unbalanced experience.

welsh

Wed 31 Mar 2021, 17:34

Tomas today on FB said another week or so for the Beta.

I read somewhere else that a September timeframe is likely for the final rules. The main thing is to take the time to get it right. The Alpha is quite good imo but there are also a lot of things missing, so I'm looking forward to the Beta.

Fenhorn

Wed 31 Mar 2021, 17:42

Tomas said on the most recent YT stream that the beta will be released in a week or so and they aim to get it to retail in September, backers will get it before that (he mentioned August).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Ser Stevos

Wed 31 Mar 2021, 23:10

Have any reasons been given for the delay? Is it to fix rules and such? Doesn't matter one way or another to me, just curious.

Fenhorn

Wed 31 Mar 2021, 23:28

Have any reasons been given for the delay? Is it to fix rules and such? Doesn't matter one way or another to me, just curious.
He mentioned the one of the reasons the beta is delayed is that that they got so much feedback from the alpha and now when the text is and new art has been done their graphic designer got some personal family matters.

CherryC0p

Thu 01 Apr 2021, 00:22

new art
Who said the art was bad? I love the gritty watercolor style.
I do this in real life for fun on the weekends. #SurviveOmega #DoMoreWithLess

Fenhorn

Thu 01 Apr 2021, 01:00

new art
Who said the art was bad? I love the gritty watercolor style.
I think he meant that, now, all the art is done, it wasn't during the alpha, and some of the art might have been adjusted a bit. The art is still in the same style and made by the same people.