Daquack
Topic Author

China Asia involvement

Tue 23 Feb 2021, 19:32

I read through the history section of the rule books with my wife. She wanted to know what happened with China and Japan. I didn’t see any references to either country. We’re they able to stay out of it?

And for the most part my wife liked your storyline. There were a few areas she hmpphed but overall thought it could be plausible. She’s a political science PhD who grew up in Eastern Europe and she started analyzing how different Warsaw countries would have responded to these different events. Was a fun game of what if’s last night.

Oddball_E8

Re: China Asia involvement

Tue 02 Mar 2021, 02:24

I'm no expert, but wasn't this before the time of Chinese growth that we've seen?

If that's the case, Japan would most likely revert to their old insular ways and China would most likely just keep on keeping on... since they can't get that massive economic boom without the rest of the world chipping in...

Ser Stevos

Re: China Asia involvement

Tue 02 Mar 2021, 06:35

By the events of the game, there's a very good possibility that China would somehow get involved especially if nukes were flying. Japan was a major strategic ally of the US so I can't see how Japan would just stick to their island. Okinawa might not even exist anymore because of the American base there. Plenty of activity could be happening in Asia during WW3.

I do think that Fria Ligan left out Asia because it could be explored in a later expansion (fingers crossed for Vietnam/Southeast Asia map for the Twilight universe). We'll have to wait and see!