aspqrz
Topic Author

[ALPHA] No Differentiated Turret Armour values!

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 22:28

Tanks and APCs with Turrets in the game do not have differentiated Armour Values.

Both 1e and 2e1 (and TW2013, dunno about 2e2 as I never had a copy, though I expect it did as well) ALL had separate Armour Values for Turret and Hull ... for the simple and obvious reason that the real world armour values ARE different for these components.

This is a *serious* shortcoming IMO. It really needs to be changed/corrected even if only as a 'grognard' option.

YMMV.

Phil McGregor
========
Author: Space Opera (FGU); Rigger Black Book #1 (FASA); Orbis Mundi 2, The Marketplace, Ithura & Porthaven, Fantasy Europe (PGD); Road to Armageddon & Supplements, Displaced, Audace ad Gloriam, Farm, Forge & Steam (PGD).

Arrigo74

Re: [ALPHA] No Differentiated Turret Armour values!

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 22:33

Considering some designs that put more armor on the turret than in the hull, it is indeed a short coming. And one not too difficult to remedy.
Who watches the watchers? Who moderates the moderators?

Fenhorn

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 22:39

If you dislike something I hope you add it to the dropbox rulebook. Even though FL lurk here posts can drown here among all the threads (both good and nonsense) that tends to appear here.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

aspqrz
Topic Author

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 22:43

If you dislike something I hope you add it to the dropbox rulebook. Even though FL lurk here posts can drown here among all the threads (both good and nonsense) that tends to appear here.

The problem with that is that it takes SEVEN STEPS of authentication with pictures of Dice where there are two often widely different die faces you have to match which are not easy to differentiate.

Frankly?

If they want to make it THAT difficult it would seem to me that they really don't want any feedback!

Phil McGregor
========
Author: Space Opera (FGU); Rigger Black Book #1 (FASA); Orbis Mundi 2, The Marketplace, Ithura & Porthaven, Fantasy Europe (PGD); Road to Armageddon & Supplements, Displaced, Audace ad Gloriam, Farm, Forge & Steam (PGD).

Fenhorn

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 22:48

The problem with that is that it takes SEVEN STEPS of authentication with pictures of Dice where there are two often widely different die faces you have to match which are not easy to differentiate.

Frankly?

If they want to make it THAT difficult it would seem to me that they really don't want any feedback!

Phil McGregor
========
I just open the dropbox book (for me in chrome), mark a section that I like to comment and then write the comment.

The1TrueFredrix

Sat 28 Nov 2020, 23:32

I have to say, I have no difficulty commenting without authentication
Effekt - A fan podcast celebrating Swedish RPGs including, but not limited to: Alien; Coriolis; Forbidden Lands; Symbaroum; and Tales from the Loop. Featuring discussion magazine episodes and Actual Play recordings. https://effektpodcast.org/

AEB

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 06:07

I seem to be losing it in my old age. Can I get the link to the dropbox as I can't find it atm??? Thanks.

Fenhorn

Sun 29 Nov 2020, 08:37

I seem to be losing it in my old age. Can I get the link to the dropbox as I can't find it atm??? Thanks.
In the kickstarter update 22