claes
Topic Author

Kickstarter announcement - time?

Thu 30 Jul 2020, 09:24

At what time will this take place?
July 31: Kickstarter announcement and content reveal for our upcoming new edition of the classic Twilight: 2000 RPG.

Rangertheman

Re: Kickstarter announcement - time?

Fri 31 Jul 2020, 13:52

I'm guessing they will wait until the Americans are out of bed :)
Proofreader Extraordinaire

Evildrsmith

Fri 31 Jul 2020, 15:30

Now! :D

aramis

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 09:46

Now! :D
It's almost Aug 2 on the US West Coast, and I'm not seeing it on KS.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...

Evildrsmith

Sun 02 Aug 2020, 15:00

The announcement was on Friday, and was:
"The new edition of the classic roleplaying game Twilight: 2000 will come to Kickstarter on August 12, Free League Publishing announced today. The new edition of Twilight: 2000 goes back to the roots of the franchise with a boxed set for sandbox roleplaying in the devastation of World War III."

So actually on Kickstarter next week

Mr Oldtimer

Thu 01 Oct 2020, 14:29

So, I’m a bit curious. It just dawned on me, I haven’t got an email about the pledge manager. Can’t recall reading when the pledge manager would be up and running. Since the KS ended quite a while ago, I figure I might have missed it. Does any one know? Perhaps the spam filter in my inbox has robbed me of my pledge manager opportunity...

Vader

Thu 01 Oct 2020, 14:35

No, the PM hasn't gone out yet. No specific date has been provided yet, as far as I've seen — just a general "later".

Note that FL hasn't posted any more updates on KS since the campaign closed, so they're probably just working hard for the time being.

It'll come when it comes...
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Vader

Thu 01 Oct 2020, 14:36

Here's how they closed the last update:

So, for the moment at least:

"You're on your own now."
Before you use the word "XENOMORPH" again, you should read this article through:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/aliens-throwaway-line-confusion

Mr Oldtimer

Thu 01 Oct 2020, 16:32

Thx for the quick reply.

Arrigo74

Thu 01 Oct 2020, 16:38

Basically moving from the ASW discussion in the other thread... it is just normal ASW routine 99 percent of the time boredom and wait.

I have few experience on KS. One, the Up Front debacle... I avoided when I read the possibility of foul play... and saved myself. Others I backed were miniatures and usually masters and plans were already done (in one case I saw the sculpts in person before the KS was even launched, thanks for being friend with the owners of the company!). I kickstarted 4 boardgames beside T2k and got involved (as scenario designer) into another one. The latter, LnL World at War, was two years late more or less... the other, Invasions, all testing was already done before KS, and still ran late (okay last delay had something to do with COVID and shipping from China... and they also messed some thing... not a pleasant experience). Flying Pig OTS 3 was delayed by some months. But I know Mark Walker and well at least I kept us informed. The last two are ATO Buffalo Wings and War and Peace. Former is a second edition of something I already own so the bulk of the work is done, but again they placed a bit too many stretch goals, but they claim to be on time (before Xmas). Then latter (funded yesterday), OSS War and Peace 6th Edition, reprint of the 5th Edition plus errata, no stretch goals. Should be easy peasy, but:
We are planning a fast turn-around for War & Peace. At this point all of the 6th Edition game development and art-work are complete. The time spent from the successful end of this campaign forward will be on ushering the game through the press process. Although we hope to fulfill sooner, we are estimating the second quarter of 2021 for delivery. But we hope to do it sooner

This to say it takes time (I have a game stuck in last bit of test and design from months...), and certainly the ore stretch goals you add and unlock the more it takes. It should also be noted that they started with a less complete design that other campaigns I backed, so time time... and more time.
Who watches the watchers? Who moderates the moderators?