BradClark68
Topic Author

So Glad Its Back But....

Sat 16 May 2020, 18:32

Thank you for bringing it back after so long. I do have a concern though. Every previous edition always were not accurate with regard to the Canadian military. As someone that served in the Canadian military for 1986-2014 I will gladly offer my services to ensure accuracy.

Umberto Octo

Re: So Glad Its Back But....

Sat 16 May 2020, 19:52

Canada was certainly not the only inaccuracy in previous editions; nor the worst. Certainly the availability and access to definite military information prior to the mid-1990s was far more difficult than when the web-age began.

Has there ever been a game (or even much fiction) that got the Balkans even close to correct? How many have tried?

A dedicated and active forum (where the so-called grognards are actively embracing the new version) for the game has quite detailed and accurate information concerns OOB and divisional placements in various theaters of the world. I hope, as you do, that such inaccuracies are kept to a minimum at this point in information access... :)
"Se til helvete å komme dere vekk. Det er ikke en bikkje! Det er en slags TING!
Det imiterer en bikkje. Det er ikke virkelig! Kom dere vekk, IDIOTER!"

Severian

Mon 18 May 2020, 16:30

A dedicated and active forum (where the so-called grognards are actively embracing the new version) for the game has quite detailed and accurate information concerns OOB and divisional placements in various theaters of the world. I hope, as you do, that such inaccuracies are kept to a minimum at this point in information access... :)
Where can I find this forum?
Sev

Evildrsmith

Mon 18 May 2020, 18:24

There are a number of fan sites, etc on the web.
Not sure what the rules are here for posting links, but try searching for Forum,Juhlin.com, which is the main T2000 forum as far as I am aware.
Also, take a look at Board Game Geek (though you need to then go to the RPG geek pages) - and remember to check T2000 1st ed, T2000 2nd ed and T2013.

Umberto Octo

Thu 21 May 2020, 00:25

Where can I find this forum?
As the evil Dr Smith pointed out: a search for juhlin and twilight 2000 will take you there.

Fenhorn

Thu 21 May 2020, 00:32

Moderator Message: It is ok with links as long as it is connected to the game in question and fits the category you post in (and is not ads for something that is not about this game).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Langdolin

Sat 23 May 2020, 20:00

I am just super happy it’s coming back. I remember the box set on the shelf at the comic shop. If I remember correctly it had an award for best game or some such. I played it through my time in the Army in the nineties and after. I was not a big fan of the second edition and bought into the third. Likes most of the third edition. So. I am buying what ever the outcome. Thanks for rebooting cherished memories.

Umberto Octo

Mon 25 May 2020, 00:04

Moderator Message: It is ok with links as long ...

Wasn't sure, so I erred on the side of caution. :geek:

long-time T2k forum with tons of information about previous editions (and very welcoming of the new edition!):
https://forum.juhlin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3

aramis

Wed 27 May 2020, 09:37

I'll note that I opened an unofficial subforum on TravellerRPG.com for the YZE version.

TravellerRPG.com is the official FFE BBS. Official discussion for this ed is wherever FL decides.
There has been a slow but steady T2K subformum for GDW versions now controlled via FFE.
—————————————————————————
Smith & Wesson: the original point and click interface...