Skillstuntman
Topic Author

Advice for one shot?

Wed 13 Oct 2021, 06:25

Hey guys,

Any good one shots scenarios for Vaesen? Any advice for running a one shot for this game? I have some have experience with horror games, but I'm just asking because this is going to be my first time running this game.

Byrax

Re: Advice for one shot?

Wed 13 Oct 2021, 09:38

In the adventure book A Grim Secret, you have four excellent ones. I would suggest "Silver of the Sea". Avoid the intro adventure in the rules IMO.

Skillstuntman
Topic Author

Wed 13 Oct 2021, 14:23

In the adventure book A Grim Secret, you have four excellent ones. I would suggest "Silver of the Sea". Avoid the intro adventure in the rules IMO.
Thank you. I will check it out

Masse

Thu 28 Oct 2021, 21:53

Any advice for running a one shot for this game? I have some have experience with horror games, but I'm just asking because this is going to be my first time running this game.
You may probably already know this but there is a excellent chapter in the Vaesen core rule book about creating mysteries. In my opinion the best chapter in the book and one reason why Vaesen stands out as one of the best "monster of the week" tabletop role playing games. There are several advice about running short scenarios in the chapter like skipping the invitation, preparation and travel phase of the scenario and start playing when the characters arrive at the location of the scenario. There are also advice about the number of places at the location depending of the scenario play time.