Bonzzo15
Topic Author

Medical equipment

Thu 25 Mar 2021, 18:29

I just re-read the book and found the Equipment-list and saw the word "required" when reading about healing wonds. I've so far not forced my players to use Bandages or Medical equipment to heal wounds but on the other hand they have been solving that issue with "I tear up my sleeve to craft a make-do bandage" without me asking them.

So my two questions are:
1) Do you guys require either Bandages or Medical equipment for anything and everything healing-related. To keep the game balance or some other reason.
2) If not, what situations are fine without them and do you require such items for Critical injuries?

Fenhorn

Re: Medical equipment

Wed 31 Mar 2021, 13:04

I do require them, but I also allow the players to improvise if the location allows it (there are clean cloth and alcohol nearby for example), without any gear bonus though.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Bonzzo15
Topic Author

Re: Medical equipment

Sun 11 Apr 2021, 20:30

I do require them, but I also allow the players to improvise if the location allows it (there are clean cloth and alcohol nearby for example), without any gear bonus though.
It's how i've been doing unintentionally then, I have started to require them unless the situation allows for them to do it without.