finarvyn
Topic Author

Wicked Secret and other Mysteries

Mon 07 Sep 2020, 21:58

I just ordered the Vaesen GM pack (rulebook, GM screen, dice, cards) and have been eagerly reading through the PDF. This seems like an awesome game, and I can't wait to run it. The only problem is that I'm looking for more mysteries so that if/when my players get hooked I'm not stuck with one-and-done, since the core rulebook only seems to have the one mystery included. That sent me to the web to look for more mysteries.

I saw an advertisement for WICKED SECRET AND OTHER MYSTERIES in an online game store, but they said not in print. Can anyone tell me the status of this book? Is it something that is still being written or if I look hard enough will I be able to find a copy somewhere? (I have this bad feeling that this was a special Kickstart book and I may have to wait a long time before if becomes available to those who missed the KS.) Any info would be appreciated.
Marv / Finarvyn
Fell in love with Tales from The Loop, Vaesen, 5E LotRR ... Now hooked on Dragonbane, which still should be called Drakar och Demoner IMO. Played OD&D since 1975..

Fenhorn

Re: Wicked Secret and other Mysteries

Mon 07 Sep 2020, 23:17

It will come to retail eventually. The "adventure" books usually hits retail a month or two (give or take) after the game hits retail.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

finarvyn
Topic Author

Tue 08 Sep 2020, 02:51

Good to know. I hate that I miss out on Kickstarts with all those cool extras, then when I discover the game it's too late to buy the extras. Looking forward to this book. :-)
Marv / Finarvyn
Fell in love with Tales from The Loop, Vaesen, 5E LotRR ... Now hooked on Dragonbane, which still should be called Drakar och Demoner IMO. Played OD&D since 1975..

Byrax

Tue 08 Sep 2020, 15:56

And it is good, with varied stories in exciting environments.

finarvyn
Topic Author

Tue 08 Sep 2020, 18:51

Everything I hear about the book has been positive. I hope it comes out soon, before I run out of mysteries to throw at my group.
Marv / Finarvyn

Daïna

Fri 11 Sep 2020, 06:35

Yeah, this book is really good for scenarios.
In the meantime, if you want a scenario, I shared one in viewtopic.php?f=124&t=6618&sid=34602e1f ... 0082565f8e Sharing scenarios. It’s ready to use with props and maps.

Byrax

Wed 04 Nov 2020, 15:49

I think I will run the mysteries in the following order:

A Wicked Secret - the north of Sweden. Small scale. Sleepy Hollow vibe.

The Silver of the Sea - the Swedish west coast. Ending could be rather apocalyptic. Will probably expand it with a lighthouse visit etc.

The Song of the Falling Star - a trip to Estonia. Small scale. More folklore/-tale vibe.

The Night Sow - wintertime in the southern parts of Sweden. Small scale. Also Sleepy Hollow vibe.

Any suggestions for doing it more as a campaign?

tak5haka

Thu 05 Nov 2020, 18:49

I was planning to base my campaign on the seasons given in each mystery:
  • Dance of Dreams (Autumn; PCs are travelling to Upsala from Sigtuna to meet with Linnea; PCs don't know each other yet and are not aware of the Society; no Olaus Klint and stop-over at Witch Cat due to extreme storm; hopefully aftermath includes founding the New Society!
  • The Night Sow (Winter)
  • A Wicket Secret (Spring)
  • Summer in December (Early Summer)
  • The Song of the Falling Star (Midsummer)
  • The Silver of the Sea (Later Summer)
Of course, this is just a plan and doesn't include small mysteries in between (I have two that I am working on, one in Upsala and one not too far away) or specific PC background-based ones if they happen.

Byrax

Fri 06 Nov 2020, 12:18

That is a really good idea and fitting for the setting! Riffing somewhat on the Faerie Courts, Summer and Winter as well.