Another question about Oscar: In The Vaesen book by Egerkrans it says that "gast" (ghoul in the english version? I use the Swedish version) is the spirit of an evil person (contrasted with the other types of ghost vaesen). But there isnt really any indication of Oscar being an evil person right?
I think you want to consider Oscar, not as "evil" in absolute, but as "full of hatred" as the rulebook says. Being murdered really altered his temper.
I'd say he's not truly even full of hatred.
- He's aware he's undead
- He knows his undeath is unnatural
- He knows who killed them, and wants what he sees as justice
- He doesn't know how long it's been
- He's mildly, but curably, delusional
- Once you disabuse him of the delusion, he becomes somewhat cooperative,
- especially if you point out that he cannot avenge himself on those already dead.
- Once you cure the delusion, he'll even help you find his body.
- Despite the ability to do so, he doesn't harm the bystanders
My party figured the delusional part quickly. It was then just "how do we convince him he's been dead 50 years, not 1?"
Actually, he was not intended to be a revenant; when I wrote the text it said that he is a ghost. But for some reason this was changed in editing. I think both ways work, but just as you have said, I do not see him as evil. / Nils