MartinW
Topic Author

How long do you stay broken?

Sat 30 Jan 2021, 17:20

Reading the rules about injuries and conditions, I fail to understand how you deal with broken character.

I realize that if you roll high on crit injury and no one heals you in x rounds/minutes that character dies. But apart from that, how long do you stay broken and how do you overcome that and can return to action so to speak?

Fenhorn

Re: How long do you stay broken?

Sat 30 Jan 2021, 17:57

The only way to heal a broken person is by the use of the Medicine or Inspiration (depending on if you are physically or mentally broken) by the use of the Treat critical injury or Heal physical/mental conditions actions. At the end of the mystery all characters are assumed to have healed (although they can get permanent defects and/or insights). Remember here that you can use the 'The story must go on' rule if the players fail with the Medicine or Inspiration roll.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

MartinW
Topic Author

Re: How long do you stay broken?

Sat 30 Jan 2021, 18:39

Ok, thanks. Think I got it. It’s not very clear from the rules though, cause all examples seem to be about deadly/chronic critical.

So in short, he same rules apply whether the crit is deadly or not. Ie. you get one shot at doing Medicine/Inspire to get rid of broken (which also stabilizes the deadly/chronic injury) otherwise you need to spend a day to heal the broken condition.