Wed 13 Jan 2021, 02:30

You can get the rule set here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/pr ... RLFLFVAS01

As well as A Wicked Secret & Other Mysteries here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/pr ... RLFLFVAS06

Bonzzo15

Re: Vaesen is now on Fantasy Grounds

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 15:21

Is this a single player game or a digital way to play the game from a distance? And to put everything in one message, IF it's a digital way to play it, does everyone have to own the game or can you share it somehow, where I host a game as GM and they join?

Valyar

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 15:28

Is this a single player game or a digital way to play the game from a distance? And to put everything in one message, IF it's a digital way to play it, does everyone have to own the game or can you share it somehow, where I host a game as GM and they join?
Fantasy Grounds is virtual table top platform. It is excellent way to facilitate long-distance game sessions in such dire times or when the group is split across the country. Fantasy grounds will provide you with the tabletop - converted rulebook, adventure, character sheets and automation during combat. You will need to have the program and some voice software to speak with your group - Skype/Discord/Zoom/Teams/TeamSpeak. Only the GM needs to have the ruleset and all players that connect remotely don't need to have copy of the modules as GMs can share it during play. If you have further questions or need clarification - let me know. :)

@NotRussellCrowe - Sir, you are very fast again in the announcement :)

Bonzzo15

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 15:31

Fantasy Grounds is virtual table top platform. It is excellent way to facilitate long-distance game sessions in such dire times or when the group is split across the country. Fantasy grounds will provide you with the tabletop - converted rulebook, adventure, character sheets and automation during combat. You will need to have the program and some voice software to speak with your group - Skype/Discord/Zoom/Teams/TeamSpeak. Only the GM needs to have the ruleset and all players that connect remotely don't need to have copy of the modules as GMs can share it during play. If you have further questions or need clarification - let me know. :)

@NotRussellCrowe - Sir, you are very fast again in the announcement :)
So in short, (not really used to the terms of "modules" and such), only i need to buy the game?
Also, is this available in swedish and if not, are there plans for it to be?

Valyar

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 15:49

You will need to have Fantasy Grounds platform first, there are options - perpetual license or subscription. Details here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.n ... +Questions

After that you need to purchase the Vaesen ruleset which comes with the Core Rulebook converted into digital format - modules. There are player and GM section, NPCs, Items, sheets and all you need to play digitally.

If you are GM, only you need to buy the ruleset and modules - the connected players receive what you share with them over the network while they are connected. For example the Player section of the book and items and etc are shared with them so they can read the rules, manage characters, add items and etc to the inventory of their characters. Also, depending which licensing model you pick for Fantasy Grounds, either the GM buys the license for the software (Ultimate) or each is having their own Standard copy.

Bonzzo15

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 16:00

You will need to have Fantasy Grounds platform first, there are options - perpetual license or subscription. Details here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.n ... +Questions

After that you need to purchase the Vaesen ruleset which comes with the Core Rulebook converted into digital format - modules. There are player and GM section, NPCs, Items, sheets and all you need to play digitally.

If you are GM, only you need to buy the ruleset and modules - the connected players receive what you share with them over the network while they are connected. For example the Player section of the book and items and etc are shared with them so they can read the rules, manage characters, add items and etc to the inventory of their characters. Also, depending which licensing model you pick for Fantasy Grounds, either the GM buys the license for the software (Ultimate) or each is having their own Standard copy.
Ok, I do have a hard copy in Swedish, but that don’t do me any good here? :)

Also, it’s not available in Swedish?

Valyar

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 16:06

Ah, forgot this question, sorry. The program and rulesets are available in English. There are possibility to translate the interface elements to Swedish via localization file but the content of the modules, equipment, talent names and etc will remain in English.

Bonzzo15

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 16:16

Ah, forgot this question, sorry. The program and rulesets are available in English. There are possibility to translate the interface elements to Swedish via localization file but the content of the modules, equipment, talent names and etc will remain in English.
No future plans for translations? :)

Valyar

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 17:21

Up to Fria Ligans to proceed with another language and for the FG platform to support it.

Gangir

Wed 13 Jan 2021, 19:59

Ah, forgot this question, sorry. The program and rule-sets are available in English. There are possibility to translate the interface elements to Swedish via localization file but the content of the modules, equipment, talent names and etc will remain in English.
My too cents are :

It need to translated to Swedish - this must be simple as the rules are already written in Swedish.

Price!!! Unholy pandas - this is the same problem as with the Aliens VTT modules - way to expensive for us backers. We pay premium price (and then some) for the books and then we need to pay ca +55% extra to get access to the VTT modules. This is making me mad and very disappointed.