Usually Vaesen only uses D6, which gives a quite small varity of events. Using D66 seems to be unbearable for Fria Ligan and 2D6 tends to results in the middle....
So I came up with the idea to use the initiative cards instead.
(From here on, it´ll become highly speculative, because we have no information about the cards or character creation in Vaesen. Just experience with former YZ games.)
Random Character Creation with Cards
Starting with 10 cards (❶➋➌➍➎➏➐➑➒❿) and shuffling them:
Now we lay them out or draw at one at a time. The GM (Gypsy Mystic) now begins to clairvoyant the past of our character:
- ❿➌ = ❿ Social Background and ➌ Childhood-Event (If there is no background we could easly use 00% for events)
- ➎➋ = on the table for professions. (00% to make some professions more rare than others)
- ➑ = on the table for profession talents (if there are any)
- ➏➒➍ = draw 1-3 cards for Formative Events (depending on age, incl. attribute degradation)
- (Optional) Redistribute one attribute point.
- ❶ = on the table "How the Society found you?".
- Select a Pride, Dark Secret and Relationship
What do you think?