Acheddarmonk
Topic Author

Errata and Clarifications

Mon 13 May 2019, 21:47

ADMIN EDIT: This thread is a good compilation clarifications and errata on the rules, and we have thus renamed the thread and made it a sticky. The original post follows below.

MODERATOR EDIT: There is a FAQ with a summery of the commonly asked questions found here and on other social media. The post with more information about and a link to the Q&A can be found here:

Crusader Kings the Board Game FAQ (edit (7/7) there is now a new updated version of the FAQ available).

----------------------------------------------------

Does anybody have any interpretations on the more vague parts of the latest rulebook? Namely, the latest rulebook still mentions at the beginning that pious traits count as points. However, they aren’t mentioned during the scoring section.

It says you can make multiple build actions with a single build card but offers no limitations to it as far as I can tell. Can you only build once per territory, or can you only make another action if the last action succeeded, or something else entirely?

Lastly, the rulebook mentions that Knights turned on their side don’t count for points but I can’t seem to find anything in the rulebook that would cause a knight to be turned on their side.

I’m hoping for an errata down the line or an official ruling.

Fenhorn

Re: Latest Rulebook.

Mon 13 May 2019, 22:40

Could be good to know if this "final" rulebook, really is the final one or if there has been editing after this (a final final rulebook).

Besides:
* Pious points.
* Multiple caste buildings (I guess is that you can only build a castles as long as you succeed, so if you fail an attempt, that action is over).
* Knights on the side.

Also:
* What happen if you are forced to crusades but have been so lucky so you already have succeeded four times (with archbishop). Do you crusade with nothing to gain or do you move one of you (four) dynasty shields to the new place on the crusader track. This might not happen very often, but still. My guess is that you do the same as you do if you have to many councilors or inventions (you remove one of of choice).
* Solo play AI mentions that most AI only attacks if they only need one success, but since all AIs automatically are mobilized, this means that those AIs only attacks the player (who is not so lucky so he can have all the territories mobilized). Also, one of the AI mentions that he will mobilize (this is wrong).
* In one scenario, the English starts with mobilized in some territories and with an unrest marker on it. Is that really correct? This means that you as a player has to either demobilize the territory or attack with it and move the foot soldier away so that you later in the game can mobilize the territory again to fix the unrest. I mean it might be correct. Unrest markers perhaps can be placed in mobilized territories by events.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Tomas
Site Admin

Tue 14 May 2019, 13:54

Does anybody have any interpretations on the more vague parts of the latest rulebook? Namely, the latest rulebook still mentions at the beginning that pious traits count as points. However, they aren’t mentioned during the scoring section.

It says you can make multiple build actions with a single build card but offers no limitations to it as far as I can tell. Can you only build once per territory, or can you only make another action if the last action succeeded, or something else entirely?

Lastly, the rulebook mentions that Knights turned on their side don’t count for points but I can’t seem to find anything in the rulebook that would cause a knight to be turned on their side.

I’m hoping for an errata down the line or an official ruling.
Hello!

Pious token do not give Victory Points. The reference to this in the rulebook is a leftover from an earlier version of the rules, that was unfortunately not removed. The Scoring section on page 17 is correct.

You need to declare how many Castles you want to build and where to build them, before making any trait checks. You can attempt to build as many castles as you like, but only one in each territory and you of course need to have the gold to complete them.

Placing a Knight on its side is an effect of the Civil War event card.

If you run out of Dynasty Shields, use any replacement token (this is indicated in page 8, under "Supply of Tokens")

There is an error in Scenario 3 - Wessex, Northumbria and Normandy should only be Mobilized, not have Unrest.

As for the AI question, I will need to check with the designer and get back to you as the AI rules were not written by me. :)
Fria Ligan

LafouineStark

Thu 16 May 2019, 18:16

Hello,
I also have a question about the rules.
It is written in the rulebook that at the end of a round if the king takes a fourth age token, the player may remove a trait from his trait-bag. 
Is it also true when the king takes a fourth age token due to an event on an action card ?

Tomas
Site Admin

Thu 16 May 2019, 23:12

Hello,
I also have a question about the rules.
It is written in the rulebook that at the end of a round if the king takes a fourth age token, the player may remove a trait from his trait-bag. 
Is it also true when the king takes a fourth age token due to an event on an action card ?
Yes.
Fria Ligan

Attackmack

Sun 19 May 2019, 20:14

Hey Tomas, thank you for being active here and answering questions, its much appreciated!
I think were all super eager to get our powermongering hands on the game! The time has come for us....To end friendships! :D

Just being curious, can you tell us about what got you to remove Pious tokens for scoring? Ive always felt it seemed like a nice little uncertainty to go with the rest of the scoring being public knowledge but maybe it became a little too random with how traits is dealt?

Fbaranow

Tue 28 May 2019, 15:29

Hi,

I have one question regarding the plague tokens. Does the spread of plague cause Unrest and kills Foot Soldiers (page 21) or not (page 16) ?

Fbaranow

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 10:27

Hi guys

I have one more rule I'm not sure about. What happens when an independent territory in a pact with player A is successfully invaded by player B. I know player A gets casus belli against player B, but what about the pact? Is the dynasty shield removed from the territory or not ?

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 13:23

Hi,

I have one question regarding the plague tokens. Does the spread of plague cause Unrest and kills Foot Soldiers (page 21) or not (page 16) ?
Hello! Page 21 is correct, and this information is also on the Plague event card. The information on page 16 is not incorrect as such, but it is incomplete.
Fria Ligan

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 12 Jun 2019, 13:25

Hi guys

I have one more rule I'm not sure about. What happens when an independent territory in a pact with player A is successfully invaded by player B. I know player A gets casus belli against player B, but what about the pact? Is the dynasty shield removed from the territory or not ?
If the independent territory is successfully invaded by Player B, it comes under his direct control and is not an independent territory any longer. Only independent territories can have Pacts. So yes, the Pact with Player A is removed.
Fria Ligan