wilhelmstein

Re: Errata and Clarifications

Fri 26 Jul 2019, 11:46

Is there a difference between the divorce and murder plots? The only usefulness of the divorce seems to be the fact that you may target the same person twice to essentially remove them (once with divorce and if it fails, with the murder plot).

When sending a character on a crusade, should I place the character's traits (if not my monarch) in the trait bag, just like when I place my duke's traits in the bag when invading from his duchy? (and after the action place them back of course).

Does the Royal Guard protect councilors in the court? (or councilors in the territory where the royal guard is placed if playing with the expansion?)

Jarmo

Sat 12 Oct 2019, 08:32

There's an error in the Schemer strategy. The rules say:
"A King cannot be Murdered in the first Round of the game."

The Schemer strategy says:
"ROUND 1
Turn 1: Tax.
Turn 2: Plot to Murder a King, if possible. (If not, Tax.)"

Probably best to not try breaking your own rules in your strategy tips, hmm?

Jarmo

Tue 22 Oct 2019, 19:09

Thanks for the quick fix for the Schemer error, Tomas and Fria Ligan!

arthurgeek

Sat 26 Oct 2019, 09:20

Hi,

I have some questions after my first playthrough (already using new rulebook):

1) Can a player married to Glitterhoof adopt a child?
2) What happens to my eldest male duchy when he becomes king? I understand the title is lost, but the duchy is also lost?
3) Following the same topic above, what happens to my siblings duchies when I die?
4) Can I set up an invasion through an independent territory I have a pact with?
5) Does the Crusader bonuses means a player can end up with more than 8 action cards to choose from?
6) When sending someone to a crusade, do I also have to put his traits in my bag, just like with a Duch?

Fenhorn

Sat 26 Oct 2019, 11:08

1) Can a player married to Glitterhoof adopt a child?
Hm, this will of course be a thing now with the new adoption rule. Personally since adoption is only eligible for someone with a spouse, meaning a traditional family. I would say no to this. I don't know what the official wording from FL is regarding this.

2) What happens to my eldest male duchy when he becomes king? I understand the title is lost, but the duchy is also lost?
Yes, the duchy marker is removed. You have to appoint another duke there.

3) Following the same topic above, what happens to my siblings duchies when I die?
Since the kings siblings are removed when he dies, the duke markers are removed. You have to appoint new dukes.

4) Can I set up an invasion through an independent territory I have a pact with?
Foot Soldiers are not units that moves around, they represent mobilized areas and independent territories are never mobilized.

5) Does the Crusader bonuses means a player can end up with more than 8 action cards to choose from?
Yes.

6) When sending someone to a crusade, do I also have to put his traits in my bag, just like with a Duch?
The rules doesn't state that you should, but it is a perfectly good houserule (that I use myself).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Guerbear

Wed 15 Jan 2020, 00:07

I have a question about the interaction between invasion and subsequent actions of pillaging and controlling territories.  Here is how it plays out:
-Invading player is at his territory control limit (8)
-Invasion succeeds, he therefore exceeds is control limit
-Player would like to both:
1. Pillage the target territory where the invasion action took place
2. Relinquish control of the invaded territory so as not to exceed his territory limit

Can he do this?  It seems the answer would be no because the only way to concede control is to control it in the first place, by placing a knight there.  And the knight would have to come from another territory where control is relinquished; once that is done, the player is no longer exceeding their control limit.  In that case, he must pillage and control the invaded territory.

Fenhorn

Wed 15 Jan 2020, 00:34

I have a question about the interaction between invasion and subsequent actions of pillaging and controlling territories.  Here is how it plays out:
-Invading player is at his territory control limit (8)
-Invasion succeeds, he therefore exceeds is control limit
-Player would like to both:
1. Pillage the target territory where the invasion action took place
2. Relinquish control of the invaded territory so as not to exceed his territory limit

Can he do this?  It seems the answer would be no because the only way to concede control is to control it in the first place, by placing a knight there.  And the knight would have to come from another territory where control is relinquished; once that is done, the player is no longer exceeding their control limit.  In that case, he must pillage and control the invaded territory.
If you successfully invade a territory, you place a knight there. If you don't have a free knight then you have to remove a knight from a territory of your choice (relinquish control). In order to remove a knight from a territory you have to have a knight in the territory, so that knight have to come from one of your eight territories with a knight model on it

... or for short, your friend have to ditch one of his other territories.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore