Serpe
Topic Author

Year Zero Engine

Thu 26 Sep 2019, 16:53

Hello all,
when Forbidden Lands Kickstarter ended (I came too late to pledge it) there was a stretch goal about an OGL for the Year Zero Engine.

In May I've read about the pdf released for backers (unluckily not being a backer I could not read the update) and hoped for an imminent released to the public.

Four months later I haven't found any uopdate about the OGL status, nor any release date, open beta or similar.

Can someone point me to the latest news about this OGL?
I'd like to read them and try to convert some of my homebrewed settings to it.

9littlebees

Re: Year Zero Engine

Thu 26 Sep 2019, 20:35

You haven't missed anything, they're still putting the finishing touches on it. If you want access, please email support@frialigan.se and they might just give you access.
I make YZE games (https://drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?author=Matt%20Kay) and produce predominately Free League content on my YouTube channel (https://youtube.com/@3skulls)

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 27 Sep 2019, 10:26

Hi!

The OGL is up and available for use, here. We just haven't been spreading the word about it just yet, as we're waiting for the finishing touches on our community content program. You're fine to use the OGL already though. :)
Fria Ligan

Serpe
Topic Author

Fri 27 Sep 2019, 12:27

Oh, thank you for the info!

Chud_Toad

Fri 04 Oct 2019, 12:24

Why does your OGL say it is copyright of Wizard of the Coast?

jonathanpay

Fri 04 Oct 2019, 12:38

Because the original OGL was created by WOTC in 2000 - They created it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Game_License
Christian. Husband. Father. Antipodean. Egalitarian. Cinephile. Boardgame and ttrpg enthusiast. Jack-of-all-trades. World's first second-generation email geek.

kbender

Sat 02 Nov 2019, 21:00

Hi,
I've got two questions
When final version is expected?
Would you mind if I translate OGL to polish and put it on my blog?

rik

Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:04

I have a question on YZE OGL: the engine is the base system, but can a specific rule by another game be used under the OGL?
Example: I’m interested in using the action rules of Coriolis (with the Action Points), instead of base action mechanic. It is possible?

rik

Sun 10 Nov 2019, 11:18

I have a question on YZE OGL: the engine is the base system, but can a specific rule by another game be used under the OGL?
Example: I’m interested in using the action rules of Coriolis (with the Action Points), instead of base action mechanic. It is possible?
I add another example: can I use the “Dark between the Stars” rule, slightly modified and renamed?

thibaultmey

Sun 24 Nov 2019, 11:15

Hi,
I've got two questions
When final version is expected?
Would you mind if I translate OGL to polish and put it on my blog?

I have idea to create a multilanguage website for the OGL, I plan to add french translation. It could be nice if you would add the polish version too ! The Web site will be editable by every one via à simple pull request on Github. No Html or programming knowledge is needed.

I have send a request to Fria Ligan, if it is OK. It could be nice to have all translations in the same place. And of course your Polish translation is welcomed