LMP
Topic Author

New Player / Question on Products

Thu 03 Sep 2020, 07:39

Hi everyone, I recently discovered this amazing game and need a little product advice.
A little background: I was about to purchase the core rule books when I came across the 5E forum posts.
Are these posts concerning an entirely revamped rule set?

My fear is I buy the current rule books now, then have to buy them again in their newest edition.
Would someone please clear this up for me?

I really appreciate your time and response to my ramblings. Thanks and be safe.

LMP

Rangertheman

Re: New Player / Question on Products

Thu 03 Sep 2020, 10:52

As far as I know, there are currently no plans to replace the original rules with the 5E rules. If the 5E rules move past the test balloon stage they will live side by side with the original ones.I'm guessing it will be kind of like with TOR/AiME.
Proofreader Extraordinaire

jerichojeudy

Sun 13 Sep 2020, 12:12

I second the previous poster. Symbaroum is its own game and adventures and supplements will always come first with the Symbaroum rules, and later be adapted to 5E rules. That was confirmed by FL.

I personally recommend playing with the original rules of the game, not 5E. The 5E adaptation is to cater for 5E players that refuse to learn a new system, as there are many...

Valyar

Sun 27 Sep 2020, 20:17

If you want to play in the spirit of the game, the original rules are the way to go IMO. 5e is to expand the user base, as jerichojeudy said.