Davekay
Topic Author

Artifact activation action

Sat 27 Jun 2020, 11:54

When the action to activate a power of an artifact is stated as Active, does it means that I must use my Active action of the turn (so for example I cannot attack with it in the same turn)?
Example: Shatter Armor: When attacking a reptile, the artifact’s master can choose to strike with the flat side of the spearhead and (if it hits) produce a shock wave which ripples through the victim’s
scaled skin. The attack does not deal any damage, but causes most of the scales to fall off. The scaleswill eventually grow back, but for one month, the creature’s natural Armor is reduced to 1.
Action: Active
Corruption: 1D4
In the example above, must I use my Active Action to activate the power, and then in the next turn attack with it, or could I attack immediately in same turn?

Falenthal

Re: Artifact activation action

Sat 27 Jun 2020, 12:06

As with Abilities, it is an Active Action. So, you either do an Attack (or activate any other Active power), or do the Shatter Armor thing with the Artifact.

Davekay
Topic Author

Sat 27 Jun 2020, 14:39

As with Abilities, it is an Active Action. So, you either do an Attack (or activate any other Active power), or do the Shatter Armor thing with the Artifact.
Ok, but to do the Shatter Armor thing with the artifact I have to attack with it. So, could i use the power at the same time of the attack on the same turn of initiative, using only one Active action for both (activate power and attack), or must i first activate the power (1 Active action), and then on the next turn, attack with the power already activated (1 Active Action)?

Falenthal

Sat 27 Jun 2020, 15:42

When you decide to activate the Shatter Armour effect, you do an Attack roll against the enemy's Defense. But if it hits, you don't roll for your Damage. Instead, the Armour rating of the creature is automatically reduced to 1.
On your next turn, you can Attack normally with the weapon, inflicting Damage that is only reduced by 1 point of Armour.

Does that make sense?

Davekay
Topic Author

Sat 27 Jun 2020, 17:02

When you decide to activate the Shatter Armour effect, you do an Attack roll against the enemy's Defense. But if it hits, you don't roll for your Damage. Instead, the Armour rating of the creature is automatically reduced to 1.
On your next turn, you can Attack normally with the weapon, inflicting Damage that is only reduced by 1 point of Armour.

Does that make sense?
Yep!

Falenthal

Sat 27 Jun 2020, 19:32

Yay! :D