BlissRage
Topic Author

Pushing Project Rolls

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 02:08

I thought I'd seen a thread but no cannot find it. At any rate . . .

Do folks allow characters to push their project rolls? Seems to me as if there isn't much risk since they are in the Ark so it feels off. Then again, I'm wondering if I'm begrudging them a few more successes and getting projects done. Thoughts? It does say RAW project rolls can be pushed but I could swear I read a lot of folks didn't allow . . .or maybe I had a dream?

Fenhorn

Re: Pushing Project Rolls

Mon 24 Jan 2022, 08:10

We, in one of our campaigns, didn't allow that in our group because there was no real consequences for some of the skill rolls. If the skill in question was Wits based then why not push. After a long good work, the players probably have a good night sleep before going out anyway.

I changed that in our last MYZ campaign. In that we instead let any trauma taken in the project rolls be there in the morning so if the players wanted to heal, then they had to stay in the ark one more day. But if they did, they had to pay for food and water themselves.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

BlissRage
Topic Author

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 06:45

That seems really reasonable; bringing that to table next session.

DruidGamer

Thu 27 Jan 2022, 08:16

In response to the “if it is a WITS roll, why not push it”, that would be when Fate (or a mildly annoyed GM) would have some kind of encounter overnight that would interrupt and/or negate the PCs rest. Anything from a midnight assault on The Ark to a drunken 3am argument by the couple next door <insert evil grin here>

BlissRage
Topic Author

Fri 28 Jan 2022, 01:05

Nice @druidgamer :)