BlissRage
Topic Author

Wearing Armor and Rot Suit

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 05:54

Do you guys allow armor and rot suit to be worn at same time?

Fenhorn

Re: Wearing Armor and Rot Suit

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 09:27

We, when we played only allowed one armor at the time.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

DruidGamer

Sat 10 Jul 2021, 14:23

I made up a list of crafting options that could be taken as Stunts when an item was made, each one “labeled” with an adjective for bookkeeping, for example:
[] {Harder}¥ - the Armor value of the helmet or suit is increased by +1.
[] {Safer}¥ - the Protection value of the helmet or suit is increased by +1.
[] {Warmer} - the bonus to Endure cold of the suit of armor is increased by +1.
(The ¥ means the option could be taken more than once when the item is created)

Let’s say Plont the Gearhead was making a set of armor for Carcen the Stalker and he got 4 successes. The first is “spent” to create the item, in this case Scrap Armor (Armor:3, Normal item, suit). The second one goes to making it durable so it doesn’t fall apart the first time Carcen gets hit (Plont’s motto is “A dead customer is NOT a repeat customer”). Plont takes {Safer} with the last 2 successes making the final armor Safer(2) Scrap Armor (Armor:3, Protection:2, Normal item, suit). Plont could have chosen to mix & match options as he chose.

Edit: just noticed my example switched Safer’s description with Harder’s label.

ChrilleT

Sun 11 Jul 2021, 13:12

Only one armor at a time is allowed but can´t find anywhere that a rot suit is labeled as an armor. However it could make sense to count is as an armor as you get a protection against something.

However if we think practical if the armor is made of junk it would probably pretty fast tear holes in the rot suite and it would not fill it´s purpose any longer. If you would be able to find a nice bulletproof vest if could probably fit below the rot suits that use to be pretty spacious and would not damage it like junk armor would.

DruidGamer

Sun 11 Jul 2021, 14:56

There was a rule (or maybe a post/response?) that you could only wear 1 armor & 1 helmet at a time but unfortunately I don’t have any of the rulebooks with me at the moment. I’ll dig thru them once I get home & update then.

Fenhorn

Sun 11 Jul 2021, 15:42

The idea from the start was that you can only carry one armor and that an armor counts as one item (besides the shield that in MYZ works like an armor in one direction). Eventually people started to comment on helmets, masks, etc. FL changed the rules (with the Swedish version it was done in a ZC, I don't know about the English version) so you can now carry one armor and one helmet. The jury-rigged rot-suit can be combined with a helmet (or a rot-mask if you make that). The rot-mask was something that existed in the Swedish version (cost 3-6, light rot-protection 2) but was removed in the English due to there was no rules for it (then).

With this new rules, you can have:
* one shield (rolled for first, if it applies).
* one armor.
* one helmet (rolled for last).
The hockey-helmet can be combined with the hockey-mask. There might be other combination and some artifacts may also change this.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

DruidGamer

Sun 11 Jul 2021, 17:17

Okay, found it/them. MY0 p88, GLA p78 & Elysium p76 all say exactly the same thing (2nd non-fluff sentence under ARMOR & SHIELDS):
“You can only wear one type of armor at a time.“

There was a Q&A post regarding “What if you wanted to carry a different set & switch as needed” where the answer came that a set of armor being carried was a Normal item & carrying a helmet was a Light item. You could mix & match (wear Armor with a Rotmask for example) or take off your Armor to put on a Rotsuit before exploring the green-glowing sewer tunnel but you could only wear one type suit & one type of helmet together.