Mordante
Topic Author

Pin down combat option

Wed 03 Jun 2020, 11:15

In the ranged combat section one of the options you can spend a success on is pinned down which causes 1 damage to agility surely it should be wits to reflect the fear that it would cause.

This would also mean that creatures wouldn't be affected as they don't have a wits score but I don't think this is unrealistic.

Is this a good/viable suggestion?

Fenhorn

Re: Pin down combat option

Wed 03 Jun 2020, 11:52

This comes from the Swedish version of the game. In the Swedish version 'Agility' is called 'Kyla', which is a little bit hard to translate into one word, but it means 'Coolness under Fire'. The trauma for 'Kyla' is stress. When they translated the game, they used Agility the trauma for, Fatigue. Fatigue is perhaps less fitting when it comes to Pin Down but fatigue and stress (you are much more prone to fatigue when stressed) are related so it is not that far of.
It is logical to use Wits, but before you change it, just remember that the effect of the action is to make the target shaky. In the Swedish version, the trauma against 'Kyla' does, that, the pinned down character have less 'Kyla' when he acts, which gives him less chance for his ranged combat and move actions. Trauma in Wits doesn't affect combat so the only effect this will have on the victim is if he becomes broken by it.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Mordante
Topic Author

Re: Pin down combat option

Wed 03 Jun 2020, 12:31

Never considered the effect on someone shooting back at you by their agility getting reduced.

I've got to admit it does reflect suppression better than my suggestion.

Thanks again for a great answer.