rik
Topic Author

Mutant YZ in an other planet?

Thu 07 May 2020, 07:38

Is it possible that a part of the human race managed to leave Earth before the nuclear conflicts?
I have in mind a game / supplement set on Mars, and I would like to understand if it would be plausible, in the universe of MYZ.
What do you think?

changeling.jack

Re: Mutant YZ in an other planet?

Thu 07 May 2020, 21:04

If I recall correctly, the next expansion deals with exactly that. I believe it will be called Mutant: Ad Astra.

rik
Topic Author

Fri 08 May 2020, 07:49

Mmh, I should wait for this expansion to see if I can integrate my idea.
Do you know when it will come out?

changeling.jack

Fri 08 May 2020, 20:35

I haven't seen any dates announced, but they've been releasing the expansions via KickStarter on a roughly yearly basis. The most recent was Mutant: Elysium, which was funded last summer.

Byrax

Sat 09 May 2020, 11:24

Might be a Swedish one first on KS - just like with Hindenburg.

Fenhorn

Sat 09 May 2020, 11:51

Might be a Swedish one first on KS - just like with Hindenburg.
But Hindenburg will not be translated according to FL. They have a bunch of excuses for not to. Personally i don't think those excuses holds very well. One is that the book contains a certain type of lingo, jargon which makes it hard to translate, but so does the other Mutant books. Another reason they have said about it was something that the English would lack the backstory (the old 2003 campaign books), but I have not played those so when I play Hindenburg, I will have to explain the background for them or at least as much as needed. So if I can do that, so can any English user and really it is not worse than explaining why the world ended.

Hindenburg is being shipped as we speak (give or take) to the Swedish market. This leaves us with Ad Astra as the only products left for both lines. I am not sure they will do a kickstarter for it, they might do a pre-order and then for both languages at the same time since by then (if it happens this year) it is the only book left to publish.
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore

Byrax

Wed 13 May 2020, 12:39

Yes, it doesn´t make sense not to translate Hindenburg as it "wraps" together the four core boxes and is a natural progression from The Grey Death etc. It will be the core setting/rules for future adventures to my understanding. But the steampunky "grandvillified" Hindenburg and the Ad Astra seems very different in setting/tech/illustrations so I hope they are kind of separated world/time wise. Looking more forward to AA than Hindenburg, as I liked the four origin core boxes more than the old Mutant.