Mjuke

Question about Ark Projects

Sun 23 Jun 2019, 20:31

After reading the Ark Projects part, I still don't have a full grasp on every detail. The uestion is:

How long does it take to complete a project if the PC's aren't in the Ark? Should I as a GM make a roll at the end of the session (or beginning of next session) for how much has progressed on the project? I know that PC's can each roll to build on a project once a session, but projects should naturally progress by the denizens of the ark anyway. right?

Fenhorn

Re: Question about Ark Projects

Sun 23 Jun 2019, 20:45

How long it takes for the players to work on a project during a session is totally up to the GM, perhaps a couple of days or a week. If there are no players in the ark, during a session, then the GM decrease the number of workpoints for one project by the number of players, no dice (just as if all players would have succeeded with the work skill roll with one success). He may also start a now project if he so desire (and of course he may decrease this projects wp if he so likes).

So the people will do things in the ark while the players are gone, but the people may have created projects the players don't like. A perfect time for the GM to create some tension in the ark.
“I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.” - Eeyore

Mjuke

Re: Question about Ark Projects

Sun 23 Jun 2019, 21:00

Awesome, thanks! I will try to make it seem sensible and regard x amount of capable people in the Ark + time. 
GZIP: Off