Jegergryte
Topic Author

Some questions concerning Mutant mashup and Coriolis

Mon 27 Feb 2017, 15:25

Howdy!

So, I understand there's been some errata after Mutant YZ, out of which anything relevant was added in Genlab Alpha, and I assume further universal errata and changes will appear in Mechatron and all the way to Elysium, and whatever they end up making for the campaign setting after all games have been published. You know they will have something up their creative sleeve, something beautiful and well made. It's just how these guys roll it seems.
  1. So, is there a master-errata document covering all (published) lines? Or is it specific to each game only so far?
  2. I assume all the printed rulebooks are in their first version, and that any updates are applied mainly to the PDFs, or through zone compendiums. Are there any plans to reprint CRBs with updates and errata?
So, that's that out of the way.

On to the Coriolis side of things, yes, I know there's a forum for Coriolis, but this is relevant to Mutant: has anyone here adapted the rules from Coriolis to Mutant? I know they're basically the same, but Coriolis seems simpler, more streamlined. I'm still waiting for my Mutant material, so a comparison is challenging.
"Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
-Tom Lehrer
Make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth into gear.

Charlie D

Re: Some questions concerning Mutant mashup and Coriolis

Mon 27 Feb 2017, 20:08

1. No errata doc so far. I started thread for MY0 here on the forum.
2. One of my players has a Mutant: Year Zero hardcover that is version 2 (matches the current PDF). Even that doesn't have all the errata from Genlab Alpha though (like Grub healing 1 Strength only for example).

I have both rulesets and considered using some combat rules from Coriolis in MY0 but the system in MY0 works so well I decided it wasn't necessary. In fact, with MY0 having just two actions in combat not three it may actually run faster than Coriolis. Plus, damage to attributes is critical to MY0 and I wouldn't swap that either.

Tomas
Site Admin

Sat 04 Mar 2017, 15:50

Hi!

Yes, most of the changes are in the second printing of the MYZ book. A few further modifications were made in Genlab, but they are minor.

As soon as we have time we will compile a list of errata and modifications between the different books (MYZ 1, MYZ 2, Genlab).

No changes are big enough that they should severly impact play, however.
Fria Ligan

Jegergryte
Topic Author

Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:05

Thanks guy!

@Tomas:
So if I ordered the Zone bundle for MYZ soon two weeks ago, would that be second printing or first?

Perhaps the errata document could be made by the community? I'd volunteer if I had all the books and the time, but I have neither, at the moment. I assume a lot has been answered and discussed on these forums, English speaking and Swedish alike. Then you'd only have to approve it. Wishful thinking on my part, I know.

@Charlie D
Thanks, got similar responses on the G+ community. Thank you.
"Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
-Tom Lehrer
Make sure your brain is engaged before putting your mouth into gear.