Nigel
Topic Author

Jury-Rig Repair and Stunts

Mon 09 Jan 2017, 11:41

Hello!

I'm playing a Gearhead, and my very first roll of the game (in this campaign, and in my career as a Mutant player!) is to repair a bow that our Stalker sort of broke on his very first roll trying to teach a new Hunting Party how to Shoot. My roll went over very well, giving me three Successes without even pushing! The question is... can I do anything with those extra Successes? Our GM has ruled that the regular Stunts (listed before the Repair option) for creating a new item can apply, so with her blessing I've increased the Gear Bonus and Damage (apparently Iridia saw a way to improve the guy's bow as she was putting it back together).

Still, I'm not sure that's the right ruling. It works for me, and I'm happy to have something to do with the Successes, but I was wondering what the "official" stance is?

Tomas
Site Admin

Re: Jury-Rig Repair and Stunts

Tue 10 Jan 2017, 16:06

Hello!

I'm playing a Gearhead, and my very first roll of the game (in this campaign, and in my career as a Mutant player!) is to repair a bow that our Stalker sort of broke on his very first roll trying to teach a new Hunting Party how to Shoot. My roll went over very well, giving me three Successes without even pushing! The question is... can I do anything with those extra Successes? Our GM has ruled that the regular Stunts (listed before the Repair option) for creating a new item can apply, so with her blessing I've increased the Gear Bonus and Damage (apparently Iridia saw a way to improve the guy's bow as she was putting it back together).

Still, I'm not sure that's the right ruling. It works for me, and I'm happy to have something to do with the Successes, but I was wondering what the "official" stance is?
I think that's a fair use of the skill.
Awesome first rolls by the way - the Stalker's bow breaks, the Gearhead fixes it and makes it even better than before. That's so very Mutant! :D
Fria Ligan