SirBulle

Re: Birmingham (UK) Urban Renewal - My Campaign

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 15:30

Looks like you got some really intressting bosses there!
Maybe put in som info about what the bosses think of each other aswell?
Allies, bitter enemys, friends from childhood, on good terms but about to stab each other in the back..?

Rawhead
Topic Author

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 16:04

I was going to let the relationships grow organically as the game progresses. The Elder has kept everyone on a pretty tight leash thus far, but as his influence wanes and grub and water grow short then the bosses are going to start getting stronger and stronger - the rivalries will grow from there.

Peter

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 17:16

I like the way the bosses areas of influence area quite specific
Check out my BoL heroic migration period hack - Barbarians of the Dark Ages
Kolla mitt ny-klassika BRP-derivat - Monster och Människor

Rawhead
Topic Author

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 18:21

I like the way the bosses areas of influence area quite specific
That's not to say they won't start fighting to take over each others area of influence :twisted:

Rawhead
Topic Author

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 18:35

These are my other key NPCs in the Ark :
Wen – Stalker
Affiliation : Jendry
Appearance : Various scraps of hard wearing clothing strapped together with belts, all heavily weathered. Wen has scars on his face and hands, and a distant look in his eyes.
Personality : Wen is completely burnt out, he’s seen (and run away from) too many things, he can’t handle life in the zone any more. He does have some useful titbits of information, but getting them out of Wen coherently will be a challenge.
Activities : Wen used to be the go-to Stalker in the Ark, but no longer. Now he just wanders around the Ark, when he’s not sleeping. It’s only the fact that Jendry looks after him that has prevented Wen from dying of starvation or dehydration.

“Dog Boy” Brak – Dog Handler
Affiliation : Toulk
Appearance : Brak is huge, 6’8” and more than 250lbs, mostly muscle. He wears weathered dungarees and goes bare chested. His hands and arms are covered in scrapes and old healed bites.
Personality : Brak is a very simple man, devoted to his dogs and to Toulk as she helps keep his dogs fed. Open and honest, he can be pleasant to be around but not the best conversationalist.
Activities : Brak has a pack of 4 dogs that he has tamed and trained, whenever he is seen around the camp at least one of them is with him.

Milax – Fixer
Affiliation : Sahul
Appearance : Scraps of a cheap suit held together by rough stitching and a half face gas mask covering his mouth and nose (artifact). Milax is always smiling, constantly shuffling and his eyes dart everywhere.
Personality : Milax is your typical fixer, overly friendly, conniving and scared. He acts as Sahul’s eyes and ears in the Ark, but he’s scared of her (and her temper) as well. One day his greed may get the better of his fear and he might cross Sahul.
Activities : Always on the look out for a new deal, Milax isn’t above a bit of petty theft as well – but only if there’s no chance of him getting caught.

Rend : Enforcer
Appearance : Tall and imposing, with a long face showing a permanent sneer. Long dreadlocks are tied back down his back. He carries a 3 barrelled scrap shotgun on a sling over his back.
Personality : Rend is driven by hatred and cruelty, and he will take any excuse he can find to vent them. If he were capable of love he would love Sahul, but such an emotion is beyond his comprehension.
Activities : Sahul is rarely seen without Rend at her side, and the slightest gesture from her can lead to a swathe of destruction with Rend at its head.

“Silent” Nort – Enforcer
Affiliation : Toulk
Appearance : Dark jeans and a matching dark vest, he carries a scrap sword on his back and a 2 barrelled scrap pistol in his belt.
Personality : None. Well, almost none. Nort lives up to his nickname, hardly anyone has heard him speak although there’s a rumour that he says something to people is he’s about to kill them. Quiet of word and movement, more than one resident of the Ark has almost died of fright after turning to discover Nort is right behind them.
Activities : Nort is Toulks lead enforcer, preferring to work alone on whatever task Toulk sets him.

Selnie – Enforcer
Affiliation : Sarpan
Appearance : Selnie is an attractive woman who dresses in similar robes to the Chroniclers, with the addition of a scrap rifle constantly at her side.
Personality : Outwardly Selnie appears calm and respectful as befits her affiliation with the Chroniclers, but deep down she has a real mean streak.
Activities : Selnie acts as the firm right hand of the Elder, and more so for Sarpan.

Agorn – Enforcer
Affiliation : Jendry
Appearance : Camoflague trousers with a dark hooded jacket. He carries a scrap rifle and scrap spear.
Personality : friendly and outgoing, Jendry and Agorn get along like brothers. He is always keen to hear stories from out in the Zone, especially anything connected with hunting.
Activities : Agorn is Jendrys head enforcer, but he’d much rather be out in the Zone hunting dangerous animals.

Zik – Slave
Appearance : Pale coveralls that are ripped and dirty, a rusty iron collar that has left permanent scars around his neck.
Personality : Zik rarely says anything, never makes eye contact and just carries out whatever menial tasks that Sahul sets him. But inwardly he harbours a lot of resentment to Sahul.
Activities : Nobody can remember how it came about, but Zik is a slave at the whim of Sahul and she delights in setting him the nastiest work to do.

Belara – Medic
Affiliation : None
Appearance : Belara is an attractive woman in clean coveralls and a belt covered in pouches.
Personality : Belara frequently gets frustrated and angry about conditions in the Ark and the terrible frequency with which people die over simple things like infections and starvation. In her lighter moments she is a caring and compassionate woman, driven to help the Ark advance.
Activities : She is the camp doctor, or does as much as anyone can given the limited resources. The Elder has taught of an oath that doctors used to swear to do no harm, and she has taken this to heart – but she will defend herself if she has to. She refuses to pledge allegiance to any of the bosses, although they would all like to recruit her.

Kug – Cook
Appearance : Constantly filthy chefs jacket which always seems to sport new stains, and a big steel ladle that he calls his “magic spoon”.
Personality : A friendly and generous man, he is most happy when he’s providing for others in the Ark.
Activities : Kug is the camp cook, and has the Zone Cook talent so he can do a little to help purify water and grub. While Toulk is in charge of food distribution, Kug has no interest in Ark politics and prefers to be left out of any trouble so he works alongside her but not for her.

Griff
Appearance : The right side of Griffs body has been riven by Zone Ghouls and is completely paralysed. Trill does her best to look after him, but he’s always dirty and unkempt. The right side of his face is heavily damaged and scarred, making talking difficult.
Personality : Griff is largely mired in despair following his injuries, but when he’s with Trill then glimpses of his decent personality can be seen.
Activities : None

Trill
Appearance : Trill is a strikingly beautiful woman, with a sadness in her eyes. She wears combat trousers with a dark motifed t-shirt, and a scrap spear.
Personality : Trill is a very compassionate woman, but she feels stretched beyond breaking point at times. Her hatred of Zone Ghouls borders on genocidal.
Activities : Trill and Griff have been like twins as long as anyone can remember, and following his attack she’s committed to looking after him above all else.

Tomas
Site Admin

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 20:08

Great stuff! Love the characters - and their names!
Fria Ligan

Rawhead
Topic Author

Fri 16 Jan 2015, 23:35

Thanks tomas, I can't wait for my pc's to interact with them - I'm trying to keep the game pc driven so how they react to the npc's will drive how the game progresses.

ajevans

Sun 18 Jan 2015, 19:19

Sounds cool. I'm apart to start running a game based in the West Midlands as well. I'm thinking of having Dudley Castle as the Ark.

Tomas
Site Admin

Sun 18 Jan 2015, 19:38

Sounds cool. I'm apart to start running a game based in the West Midlands as well. I'm thinking of having Dudley Castle as the Ark.
Nice. And welcome to the forum!
Fria Ligan

Rawhead
Topic Author

Mon 19 Jan 2015, 12:36

Hi there - on my map Dudley is in sector I2, i know that's hardly central but you might be able to use it ? Let me know if you'd like my maps - i've got Google Earth satellite and road maps as jpgs for 20 miles by 20 miles centered on Birmingham.