BlissRage
Topic Author

Rule Questions: non-durable, insect wings, and shake it off

Fri 09 Apr 2021, 22:27

Do non-durable items fall apart after roll to use them even if the roll did not succeed? (i.e. your scrap armor fails to protect you but falls apart from the impact of weapon)

The buzzing effect of INSECT WINGS mutation: what is the range? Can the player choose what targets within that range to attack? (I think I adjudicated NEAR and they could choose).

Does Slave roll SHAKE IT OFF after armor roll? Or if armor protected at least one point do they still get SHAKE IT OFF roll? (I think I adjudicated roll comes after armor and can shake off any damage that armor didn't deflect).

Fenhorn

Re: Rule Questions: non-durable, insect wings, and shake it off

Fri 09 Apr 2021, 22:35

Do non-durable items fall apart after roll to use them even if the roll did not succeed? (i.e. your scrap armor fails to protect you but falls apart from the impact of weapon)
"fall apart" maybe a strong word but the item stops working so it has to be repaired again in order to work.

The buzzing effect of INSECT WINGS mutation: what is the range? Can the player choose what targets within that range to attack? (I think I adjudicated NEAR and they could choose).
It should be Short range (according to the Swedish book).

Does Slave roll SHAKE IT OFF after armor roll? Or if armor protected at least one point do they still get SHAKE IT OFF roll? (I think I adjudicated roll comes after armor and can shake off any damage that armor didn't deflect).
The skill is used to shake off damage taken, not potential damage (i.e. so you roll for armor first and if you still take any damage, you can use the skill to shake that damage off).
“Thanks for noticin' me.” - Eeyore