Telephalsion
Topic Author

More ship problems

Mon 13 Apr 2020, 15:54

Another topic from the Swedish corner brought over. Again from my old GM Tobiasekwall
By Tobiasekwall on January 17th 2017. Roughly translated by Telephalsion
I have had time to play Coriolis with a few different groups now and most of them have felt that she ships problem hasn't been very inspiring. Apart from the defective ship intelletince. So here are some examples of other problems we have developed. All of them are not playtested.

Haunted ship. Unknown faces can be seen in mirrors, mysterious sounds can be heard in corridors and odd noices come crackling through the communicators.

The ship is prone to catch fire. Sparks from cabling and connecting rods sometimes set insulation and oil spills on fire. Have your chemical extinguisher at the ready.

Infested. Fat hairless rats gnawing on cabling and feeding on rations. Of maybe a Skavara has taken up recidence in the crawlspaces, stealing tools and food.

Contested ownership. A classic flaw where people with carbines can come demaning their ship back. Works well when no players are wanted or hunted. In our case the characters had bought a confiscated vessel caught in the bureaucracy of Sadaal. Officially the players own the ship, but the previous owner disagrees.

What other ship problems could one come up with? Have you run with anything that works well or created a lot of fun play?
I ask the same question as him, what problems have you come up with?

Valyar

Re: More ship problems

Wed 15 Apr 2020, 06:04

This concept first came up in Warhammer 40K Roleplay: Rogue Trader and I have been borrowing inspiration from there when it comes to ship things.

Telephalsion
Topic Author

Re: More ship problems

Wed 15 Apr 2020, 08:41

Oh, I need to find myself a copy of rogue trader and check it out for some inspiration.