GreenXLantern
Topic Author

Artificial Characters

Sat 30 Nov 2019, 18:17

One of my characters would like to play a robot.  Any suggestions how I should use the rule system to support that?

GreenXLantern

jerichojeudy

Re: Artificial Characters

Tue 03 Dec 2019, 12:48

There is the Sentinel that is a Portal Builder android that could serve as inspiration. But the most important is to determine which culture would have first developped robot technology. I think the Order of the Pariah and maybe the Draconites would be plausible candidates for that.

In the supplement on artifacts, you have a few suggestions of Faction tech. The Order of the Pariah has automated combat exos I think, not sure though. I would need to check that out.

Mechanics wise, I might offer the player to be more specialized as a robot, depending on the model it would in a specific field. Starting characters can't spend more than 3 on their main skills, I might offer the possibility of spending a 4 on main skills, but make certain skills unbuyable, ever. Or capped at a three maximum?

But the main thing I would do is list which cybernetics could be bought and paid in XP for, and maybe extend that list.

The main difference with a human PC will be roleplay, and the fact that no upgrade of skills or talents can occur without also spending birr and going to the "garage".

GreenXLantern
Topic Author

Tue 03 Dec 2019, 13:33

I think I may have come up with a solution. Mutant Year Zero: Mechatron seems to be an overlay of this system, so might adapt that for use in this system. Thank you for the advice!

GreenXLantern

Rymdhamster

Thu 12 Dec 2019, 20:48

I old, old, old (old, old, old) Mutant, the big difference between a robot and a human was that a robot didn't heal naturaly, and you used repair instead of medicin to "heal" them. 

I really liked that. Not a huge thing, but pretty flavourful.

I'd probably do something along those lines.

Aeoris

Fri 31 Jan 2020, 20:49

Why not use the rules from Fria Ligan's Alien rpg? Just use the rules for synthetics.

Telephalsion

Sat 11 Apr 2020, 21:05

I'd probably check both the Mutant Year Zero robot rules and the Alien robot rules and maybe do a mix of both.