Deathleaper
Topic Author

Few Questions

Sat 14 Aug 2021, 19:42

Hi! Today, during session zero and character creation some question appeared:
1. What is tech level of computer which Data Spider gets? Line 2 of gear option just says "Proximity sensor or computer"

2. Do player have to have gear and talent to use Cybernetics? If yes then, does he write it down on gear table and how many rows it takes?

3. Similar question with Weapons and Armours. I see most weapons have "weight value" in Features column but what about those that don't? Are they considered as Normal weight? Same questions about armors which don't seem to have "weight value".

4. How exactly grenades work? Player roll Ranged Combat, if he succeds then roll for Blast Power and after that calculate successes for dmg and other extras?

EDIT.

5. On page 139 i see table with modifiers to Pilot skill roll when jumping with portal but i can't find rule which says "Jumping through Portal requires a Pilot test."

Lego

Re: Few Questions

Sun 15 Aug 2021, 01:56

1) Not sure
2) Yes you must select both the gear and the talent to use it. The talent allows you to get it and selecting the gear is basically paying for it. It does not take a row up in your gear since its now part of your body.
3) Armor and weapons are considered normal weight unless they state they are "Light" or "Heavy". For example the Machine guys are large so they say Heavy same with most of the rocket launchers. It is annoying that most carbines weight the same as most pistols other than the crickets that are light. The only armors that are heavy is the shields. Do watch out for the exo's bulky is a pain in the butt.
4) I will add later.
5) In the table at the top right on portal jumping look at the solo jump. Science first to calculate your own jump. No need to if part of a convoy or paid. Then pilot for the jump its self. You get a bonus if you are part of a convoy or pay for it. Neg if on your own or blind.

Kirimdor

Re: Few Questions

Tue 24 Aug 2021, 08:48

You can also post your question on reddit, https://www.reddit.com/r/CoriolisRPG/ , there is usually more response.