Doctor KoT
Topic Author

Antimatter rockets and acceleration

Wed 28 Jun 2017, 19:34

Salam, spacefarers.

Here, on p.152 under Antimatter rockets, we can read this phrase "...gains a +2 to Maneuverability when it comes to acceleration."
Any maneuver is, basically, an action that changes a movement vector, or, in other words, gives acceleration in one or another direction. So we just increase ship's Maneuverability, right?

VoxenTass

Re: Antimatter rockets and acceleration

Sat 01 Jul 2017, 02:29

Hiya, sorry for such a late reply but since I see no one else has said anything I'll give it a shot heh.
Quick and dirty version, yes acceleration could apply to all maneuvers and just increase the total score by +2, and it's perfectly acceptable to do so. I think, however, the initial intent is that the fuel of the rockets is stronger than that provided by gravitons projectors, so the increase would apply only to maneuvers directly related to acceleration (Pilot Maneuvers: Advance/Retreat and perhaps Ramming). You could certainly apply the bonus everywhere, but to me the other maneuvers aren't as much about speed as they are about quick changing direction which would prevent a higher top speed.

Doctor KoT
Topic Author

Sat 01 Jul 2017, 06:42

But i don't see the reasons why, for example, evasive maeuver must suffer?  ;)

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 12 Jul 2017, 12:00

But i don't see the reasons why, for example, evasive maeuver must suffer?  ;)
The idea here is that the rockets only give a bonus to the Advance/Retreat action.
Fria Ligan