JohnK

What the Graphics are Showing...

Mon 23 Jan 2017, 20:43

Hullo, folks,

I was wondering something...

One of the biggest problems I'm having with CORIOLIS is some of the artwork - I have no idea what some of the illos are showing! :)  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue, so...

Any chance of our listing some of the artwork here, and someone in the know telling us what the piece is showing? :)

I'll start...

The artwork found with Update #1.

The artwork found with Update #7.

The artwork found with Update #10.

Please? :)  And thanks, in advance. :)
...As for the border, the border is wherever the fleet sits at the moment. (Downbelow Station by C.J. Cherryh)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com

JTDimino

Re: What the Graphics are Showing...

Fri 10 Feb 2017, 06:24

Hey John,

I took a look at some of the artwork you're talking about, but I couldn't really tell you more about what we're looking at besides "old ruins," "space ship," etc.  It would be interesting if there really were some sort of overarching lore or backstory that the illustrations hearken back to, but my suspicion is that a lot of the artwork isn't meant to be anything in particular.  My guess is it's just meant to be evocative of the themes of the setting.

JohnK

Re: What the Graphics are Showing...

Sun 12 Feb 2017, 04:34

Hullo, J.T.,

I hear what you're saying, mate, but to be honest, what's odd about this is that in pretty much all the roleplaying games I've seen and bought, the illos are usually on pages that have a connection or tie-in to them in one fashion or another.  Yes, there are instances of this in the Coriolis rulebook, but these particular illos are so unique in this respect. 

Just would be nice to know what these are depicting/showing, is all, especially the one that looks like flowers.
...As for the border, the border is wherever the fleet sits at the moment. (Downbelow Station by C.J. Cherryh)

JohnK
e-mail: johnk100@sympatico.ca
blog: http://jkahane.livejournal.com
GZIP: Off