Vainamoinen

Re: gear and equipment

Wed 31 Aug 2016, 15:57

Not in general, but there are some examples on cybertech, bionics and some weapons
Sounds good as well. Mostly individual and ornamental equipment isn't just mass produced by a few megacorporations after all. 8-)

Garage
Topic Author

Wed 31 Aug 2016, 17:30

Okay, now these 40 A5 pages probably translate into "just" 25 to 30 in the English letter format book, but this still sounds impressive. I must say, while Mutant's extreme nihilism in that respect (1.5 pages total, heavily illustrated, mostly weapons) was disappointing to me, the sheer extent of equipment in Coriolis sounds intimidating. A dish probably not served to players in full, I'll reserve quite a bit of time to read through those lists, and that's definitely a part of the PDF that I'll print out and bind as a separate booklet. 

Ah well, maybe I'll eventually end up giving players what essentially are standard NASA space suits anyway. Gold visor, super soaking diapers, the works. :roll:
Well the good thing is the categorization (each category also has its own list apart from the descriptions), so if you want things that can heal you then look at that list. Breaking into a place? Look at that list. 
It is a bit intimidating, but I've created my own sub-index (on a loose sheet) with the page numbers for each list to find it quicker. Currently the lists are spread out across the chapter. For ease of reading I would've preferred the lists on consecutive pages with all descriptions grouped in the same order after the lists (or before, for that matter, just not in between the lists). Something to push for in the English version?
If Fria Ligan read this please follow this suggestion.

Thank you Baylox again for replying

GordonC

Sun 20 Nov 2016, 12:29

I've noticed in the Beta Rulebook the book, rather cool pictures of weapons, shame these aren't identified

With regards to the comments of living costs. Is there are advantages or disadvantages between spartan, Normal and luxury? I have numerous players who just cheapskates. They forget about style, playing a character concept. Rather frustrating sometimes. 

GordonC

Fri 10 Feb 2017, 11:29

Ran my first adventure at weekend - dark flowers from quick starter. Interesting! 

One player pointed out that a crucial piece of equipment was missing from the rule book - a flash light! 

Looking through the core book. I can't find any rules for darkness?? Even missing from the GM screen?? 

Anyone else come across this? 

blaster219

Fri 10 Feb 2017, 13:54

How can The Darkness Between The Stars be scary if it's banished by a simple flashlight :-)

GordonC

Fri 10 Feb 2017, 14:16

At least till the batteries run out!!

Vainamoinen

Fri 10 Feb 2017, 22:12

How can The Darkness Between The Stars be scary if it's banished by a simple flashlight :-)
What Gordon said. Somehow, even though we have great tools for banishing darkness in our time and age, darkness can still at times be very scary. It's the circumstances that freak you out. And your players, if done right. :)