Garage
Topic Author

Ships 2

Sat 30 Jul 2016, 07:25

I know its been stated that the ship is as much part of the party as the pc's and the ship to ship combat will be a few ships not mass battles but is there rules for small fighters or is it just the main ship?

I ask this as i have a concept for a main ship but with a shuttle and starfighter in launch bays... If only it was December..... i wouldn't have to ask this!! :)

Vainamoinen

Re: Ships 2

Sat 30 Jul 2016, 10:00

is there rules for small fighters or is it just the main ship?
The idea of the 'starfighter' – basically George Lucas' idea of fighter aircraft in space – is ruled out rather explicitly in this Kickstarter update:
The best analogue for these battles is a duel between submarines - we are not really talking about Star Wars-style dogfights here.
That doesn't mean that a cunning GM couldn't adapt the rules to her wishes. Or rather: Use the ruleset as supplied, but simply describe the in-game reality a little differently. Besides, judging from Kickstarter update #17, the Order of the Pariah possesses a technology of very tiny spaceships, called "Injectors", and I'm sure some rules are supplied for them to start out from.

Garage
Topic Author

Sat 30 Jul 2016, 10:41

Thanks Vain, i must have missed it

Garage
Topic Author

Mon 15 Aug 2016, 07:46

how does the group choose the class of the ship? is it dependant on number pf pcs?

baylox

Mon 15 Aug 2016, 10:17

Free choice. If you have fewer PCs you can also add the option of ship intelligence to handle different functions on the ship, so you can have a larger class than you have crew for. So pick whatever suits your tastes best.
Titta vad jag gjort! / Things I've created:
Coriolis - talanger och referensmaterial
Symbaroum - Unsung Heroes of the Abomitorium
Ur Varselklotet/TftL - mysterier & spelböcker

Garage
Topic Author

Mon 15 Aug 2016, 13:31

I know there are 5 classes of ships, but would you be able to post up some names and crew numbers etc? :)

im just impatient!! but i do appreciate you answering questions

baylox

Tue 16 Aug 2016, 07:55

With the provision that this could change for the English version - here you go (but I have some additional, personal, comments regarding this too on why this isn't really relevant). There's a light freighter (Scarab) that has a crew of 4 (minimum 2), an attack ship (Azuk) with a crew of 5 (minimum 2), a courier ship (Oryx) with a crew of 3 (minimum 2) and a salvage ship (Kamruk) with a crew of 4 (minimum 2). The first three are Class III-type ships and the last one is a Class IV-type ship. Technically speaking there's no real difference between courier ship and an attack ship, they're both Class III - the difference is in how you configure them.

HOWEVER! These listings are for specific configurations of each of these models (as I said the first three are all Class III, which is the important bit). Your ship can be customized with modules (the number of modules depends on the Class you pick), such as extra passenger compartments to hold more people, and the combat system uses 5 different roles for characters to fill so the number of crew members can and will depend on how you configure your ship. No weapons? No need for a gunner (though that sounds suicidal). Two weapons? Might as well have two gunners so we can fire twice in a round. Just four characters in the group? Ok, let one of them act as captain as well as whatever other role is suitable. The rules allow all this and as I (think I) mentioned in the other thread you can have a ship AI (or more) that fulfills one (or more) of the roles.

So the way I look at it is, let your group decide which ship suits them best (ie. coolest...) and make it work from there. The great thing, to me, is that you (and your group) really create your own ship from scratch using a generic Class value (though the higher the Class the more expensive it is and the more in debt you start...). Want a courier-like ship? Ok, maybe go light on weapons and cargo space while you increase maneuverability or such. Want an attack ship? Focus on adding weapons. Or just pick the options and modules you think you as a group will have the greatest need for and cobble together some weird hybrid ship. :)

P.S. Just to clarify: Class is a size measurement of ships and not to be confused with ship classes from, for example, Star Wars where X-wing is one class, TIE/ln another and YT-1300 a third.

Garage
Topic Author

Tue 16 Aug 2016, 20:58

Cool thanks for that, still want you to translate it all so I can have it sooner than December lol

baylox

Tue 16 Aug 2016, 21:20

Ha ha, I think Fria Ligan might take offense at that!

Garage
Topic Author

Tue 16 Aug 2016, 21:27

totally!!! i'll be patient :(

thanks for the answers :)