Cymrudevourer
Topic Author

Travel

Thu 14 Jul 2016, 00:35

Hey there. I am curious about the method of getting from one star system to another. Are the ships ftl capable? Are there jump gates or machines that fold space? How do our ships get from one system to another?

daflum

Re: Travel

Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:15

Hello there! Jump gates made by the precursors is the way to go from one system to another in the Coriolis-setting. The interesting point tough is that it can go very wrong going through these portals from the ship being damaged to madness. So its recommended to have a skilled pilot and a skilled smart guy doing the calibrations, a prayer to the Icons always helps too. Other ways too go trough exists also.

Oh almost forgot that you need to have stasis-beds on your ship when you make the jump or madness is sure to follow ;)

Cymrudevourer
Topic Author

Re: Travel

Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:23

I like the sound on this. I am well excited for the project. More than happy I backed it. I can see some great atmospheric scenes birthed out of this idea. Even creating uncertainty as to whether they are dreaming in hypersleep or if they are insane from the journey. It creates a whole host of adventuring seedswith just that aspect alone.