gordinbristol22

Art in the Alpha PDF

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 15:27

I posted this up on the Kickstarter but figured I would post it here, too...

I asked at the beginning of the kickstarter if all the art in the book was to be Simon's work...but got no official reply. The reason I asked is that for me a major draw to this project is the foreboding realism of Simon's art....there is a spooky sense of mystery...of something not quite right that is just so evocative. So I must admit to being a bit disappointed that there are various black and white illustrations...particularly the character pieces...which for me clash in style with Simon's pieces. I would much rather all the art were Simon's even if that meant less art in the book. Obviously this is just my own personal taste but I just wondered if others felt the same.

Otherwise, I'm loving the book and the layout. 

gordinbristol22

Re: Art in the Alpha PDF

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 17:40

Okay. My apologies...someone just posted on the Kickstarter that the black and white illustrations I was referring to are just placeholder pieces and that all the art will be by Simon. 

"All art in the game is of course done by Simon Stålenhag himself. Most of the art will be drawn from the pages of the Tales from the Loop artbook - many scenarios in the game are based directly on illustrations in the artbook - but the RPG will contain some new original art as well, including the cover image."

they have place holder art for characters. this is an alpha of the book with unfinished art.

Tomas
Site Admin

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 19:55

Hi!

The black and white art is not placeholder - it is made by Simon himself. Granted, the style is a little different, but we feel that the two work well together, just like the color art and the black and white drawings in the Tales from the Loop artbook. We feel that the black and white art works great for smaller images, like individual character and items.
Fria Ligan

Björn Hellqvist

Wed 28 Dec 2016, 20:38

The Computer Geek ilustration is flipped, the breast shirt pocket, belt buckle and shirt buttoning being "mirrored".
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.
GZIP: Off