Zack
Topic Author

Attributes Creation rework

Sun 25 Dec 2016, 21:11

Wouldn't it be easier to have all four stats start at 1 and than have age -4 in points to spend, since they have to spend at least 1 in each already. In truth the ten year old only really has 6 points he can shift around, while the 15 year old has 11 points.  And a younger six year old would only have 2 points. Unless we made (as a house rule)  tougher kids and gave them the first point in each attribute for free and than they could spend their full age in points modifying the attributes.

Jynk

Re: Attributes Creation rework

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 11:28

I don't think the game was intended for ages outside of the 10-15 range. I do agree that a freebie point in each stat works, but I feel like for younger or older kids outside of the age range, some homebrewing might be in order.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

Zack
Topic Author

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 20:00

I don't think the game was intended for ages outside of the 10-15 range. I do agree that a freebie point in each stat works, but I feel like for younger or older kids outside of the age range, some homebrewing might be in order.
Yeah. Thinking about also house ruling skill points equal to age, so older kids would have more experience than younger ones. If one wanted to run E.T. for example Elliot was about 11 but Gertie was only about 7 and if we had someone playing her I would use the younger kid house rule which is age in attribute points. 

Jynk

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 23:58

Age and experience are definitely something to take into consideration with homebrewing. I also want to work in a hit point system for my campaigns as well because I know my players will attempt fighting something at some point and knowing how much life their characters have vs the whatever they're trying to take down has will be helpful.  Maybe just do age = base HP, and then add the body attribute score to it. So a 13 year old hick might have a score of ranging between 14-17 HP, whereas a 13 year old jock would get that extra point for being allowed the max body score from the key attribute. I feel like, honestly, the Kids with mind as a key attribute (like the bookworm) might have take off a few points for HP, like -1 or -2, so a 13 year old bookworm would have 13 base HP + body attribute score - 1 for not being as physical as other Kids. It's a work in progress.

Zack
Topic Author

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 09:58

Age and experience are definitely something to take into consideration with homebrewing. I also want to work in a hit point system for my campaigns as well because I know my players will attempt fighting something at some point and knowing how much life their characters have vs the whatever they're trying to take down has will be helpful.  Maybe just do age = base HP, and then add the body attribute score to it. So a 13 year old hick might have a score of ranging between 14-17 HP, whereas a 13 year old jock would get that extra point for being allowed the max body score from the key attribute. I feel like, honestly, the Kids with mind as a key attribute (like the bookworm) might have take off a few points for HP, like -1 or -2, so a 13 year old bookworm would have 13 base HP + body attribute score - 1 for not being as physical as other Kids. It's a work in progress.
Very nice. I like the idea of hit points.

Jynk

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 23:07

Very nice. I like the idea of hit points.
They probably wouldn't be necessary for everything, but for Showdowns and some Trouble, they'd probably be handy to have.