Jynk

Re: The ALPHA PDF - questions, comments, errata

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 08:44

I think I would flip the Types after all of the Attributes and so forth for the character creation chapter. I wasn't sure what an Anchor was or how it came into play until pages later. Explanations for what things are should be before the Types so people have a grasp on what the Attributes etc are in relation to the character Type before selecting them. It will make it flow better.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

pelorus

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 09:13

There was a great app called Onotate which was for people to preview texts and comment on whether they liked bits or where there were mistakes. That would be perfect for proofreading this sort of project.

(Apparently all the cool kids use Invisionapp now)
--
Have a look at "Nor Gloom Of Night" for T2K4 (A post-apocalyptic setting of hope)
CZTERY - 4 Mystery Scenarios for T2K4
Twilight Tangents - psychics and zombies for T2k4
http://www.lategaming.com/buy-the-books/

Tomas
Site Admin
Topic Author

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 13:32

I think I would flip the Types after all of the Attributes and so forth for the character creation chapter. I wasn't sure what an Anchor was or how it came into play until pages later. Explanations for what things are should be before the Types so people have a grasp on what the Attributes etc are in relation to the character Type before selecting them. It will make it flow better.
Good point. This is the way Mutant Year Zero and Coriolis are both structured, actually. :)
Fria Ligan

Vargtass

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 21:22

Some comments while preparing for running the mystery:
In the introduction to the campaign, you refer to paragraphs for setting the mood in each Mystery. Is this the Summer in the Mälaren Islands paragraph? I expected something more on abstract moods of the story, rather than only environmental aspects
On p. 103, in the Summer in the Mälaren Islands section, crabs are mentioned thriving in the seaweed. This would be common on the west coast of Sweden, but not on the shores of Mälaren.

Björn Hellqvist

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 22:16

On p. 103, in the Summer in the Mälaren Islands section, crabs are mentioned thriving in the seaweed. This would be common on the west coast of Sweden, but not on the shores of Mälaren.
Perhaps they meant crayfish.
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

pelorus

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 22:29

It has just occurred to me that Mälaren is FRESHWATER. Colour me a bit dumb.
--
Have a look at "Nor Gloom Of Night" for T2K4 (A post-apocalyptic setting of hope)
CZTERY - 4 Mystery Scenarios for T2K4
Twilight Tangents - psychics and zombies for T2k4
http://www.lategaming.com/buy-the-books/

Vargtass

Mon 26 Dec 2016, 22:53

Perhaps they meant crayfish.
Crayfish are nocturnal ...

Björn Hellqvist

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 00:47

Page 103: "and make out in badly stretched tents." Badly pitched tents.
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

Jynk

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 01:42

I have a question about aging the kids. It says in the book that when the kids turn a year older they gain skill points and when they turn 16, they're no longer playable, but there's nothing about how to age the kids. Is it based on gaining experience points or personal choice of the player or based on real time play? It's possible I overlooked the information.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

Björn Hellqvist

Tue 27 Dec 2016, 03:37

I have a question about aging the kids. It says in the book that when the kids turn a year older they gain skill points and when they turn 16, they're no longer playable, but there's nothing about how to age the kids. Is it based on gaining experience points or personal choice of the player or based on real time play? It's possible I overlooked the information.
The way I understand it, you pick a birthday for your Kid. The GM starts the campaign at a date, and any Kid getting a year older during the campaign will gain a point.