aka_fatman

The Arc [The Start, Middle and the End of a Campaign]

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 07:23

The "Tales From The Loop" beta is almost upon us. As we prepare to explore this setting, what are the thoughts we bring along with us? How much of the saga is pre-planned and how much of the campaign is a happy accident? What topics do we want to explore? What do our players want to do with this world?

• Re-visiting high school, confronting bullies, spending time with our school friends?

• Discovering the alternate 80's? Seeing the similarities and the differences to our world?

• A new community. How much do we want to affect the setting? Do we want to use the Loop for our own ends?

Jynk

Re: The Arc [The Start, Middle and the End of a Campaign]

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 11:16

Revisiting the 80s is a definite step in the right direction. I would have been just about the same age as the characters in the game, so that works out for using memories. I'll probably use the adventures in the books as a template, but mostly pull from growing up in a rural town in Texas.

Hopefully there will be a community for the game, sure. There were a lot of you all I liked talking to on the KS comments and hoping to continue chatting and trading ideas with you here.
"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." - Charles Bukowski

aka_fatman

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 13:55

Revisiting the 80s is a definite step in the right direction. I would have been just about the same age as the characters in the game, so that works out for using memories. I'll probably use the adventures in the books as a template, but mostly pull from growing up in a rural town in Texas.

Hopefully there will be a community for the game, sure. There were a lot of you all I liked talking to on the KS comments and hoping to continue chatting and trading ideas with you here.
I certainly hope so, Jynk. Everyone seems real supportive and enthusiastic on here. The excitement is only going to keep growing as we all try new things in this new environment.

Björn Hellqvist

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 14:27

The nice thing is that we have native Swedes and Americans here, some of us teenagers in the 1980's, who can provide background info on life as a kid back then. All that will help the GM to create a more convincing and immersive setting, obviously.
My life fades. The vision dims. All that remains are memories. I remember a time of chaos, ruined dreams, this wasted land.

aka_fatman

Fri 23 Dec 2016, 15:07

The nice thing is that we have native Swedes and Americans here, some of us teenagers in the 1980's, who can provide background info on life as a kid back then. All that will help the GM to create a more convincing and immersive setting, obviously.
It'll be an interesting mix here, Björn. The gamers here who are in their late 30's to mid-40's would have lived in that era; and the younger gamers - 20-year-olds and younger - will still have their more recent school experiences to draw on, things the older gamers may have forgotten about. Together, we should get some interesting stories happening.
GZIP: Off